Chapter 1

Navi the blue fairy flew alongside me as I rode my chestnut filly Rose slowly through the forest of tall trees. My head hung low from worry and sadness, due to my carelessness and excitement from rushing off away from the one person I didn't want to get separated from. I sprinted off into the fog, and ended up not only in another world from Link, but another dimension. I had no idea where I was now, and the fact that I was so far away from the one who would destroy anything that would try to hurt me made me scared silly.

"Sakura..." I stopped my horse. "You can't give up hope yet. I know that you will find him again."
"How?" I asked softly. "I don't even know where I am..."

"Well, maybe there's a town nearby or something that can help you. I'll even--" Navi stopped talking when she realized that I was crying. I sobbed softly with tears running down my cheeks onto my white saddle. "Sakura?"

I couldn't stop crying, and covered my face with my hands. First I was so far away from home in Termina, and now not only was I still far from home, but the one I love as well. The one whom I knew would protect me from whatever would come from this place. "I don't know what to do...and it's my fault we got separated! I'm so stupid!"

I heard a familiar ringing sound. "Hey, don't cry. I'll help you get back. I'd love to see Link again, too." I sniffed, wiped my tears, and looked up at her. Her blue fairy light twinkled. "I promise, I won't leave your side until you're back where you need to be." I smiled, touched by her kindness. She slowed her wings down for a minute. "You really do love Link...don't you?"

I wiped more tears away, and took a deep breath with a smile at the end. "Yes. I really do. That's why I need to get back to him, so that he won't worry so much about me. And so that he won't hurt himself trying to find me, too." I lowered my eyes. "If he went through anymore trouble just for me...I wouldn't be able to forgive myself."

"Wow," Navi breathed. "I never knew anyone who fell in love with Link before when I was with him. Does he feel the same way about you?"

I looked up again, and nodded. "It took him a long time to realize it, though. I had to take very desperate measures."

"Uh..." Navi flinched a little bit. "What kind of measures?"

I realized what she was thinking, and blushed. "Oh, no! Not that kind of desperate!" She breathed a sigh of relief. "No, I had to do things to tell him how much I actually loved him. And that...he loved me. It really wasn't as easy as I thought it was, because he didn't listen to his heart until someone actually told him what the heck I was trying to do."

"Yep," she nodded. "That sounds just like him. He doesn't take other people's feelings into context until he actually knows what he did. It's the one weakness he has."

"Yeah," I looked up and around more. "We went on a journey together in a country called Termina. It's kind of like Hyrule, but has different landmarks and is not a kingdom. Basically, there's a town that indicates the middle of the country, and then there are different landmarks a hundred feet away in each compass direction."

"Wait," Navi interrupted. "How do you know about Hyrule?"

"Oh, I live there. I heard that you did too, right?"

"Yes. I lived there until Link and I finished our quest there."

"What made you decide to leave?"

"I figured I needed some time away from Hyrule for awhile. I found this forest, and made friends with other fairies that live here. Unfortunately, I only see them once, because of this forest being the gateway to other dimensions."

"Oh...I'm sorry."

"No worries. I manage to make a whole bunch of friends that way."

I giggled. "That must be nice." I resumed talking about Termina. "Anyway, I arrived in Termina after a Stalkid named Skull Kid stole my horse, Rose. I had to chase after him, but ended up being manipulated and..." I paused, not wanting to dwell on what happened back in Termina.