The Beginning

Two years has passed since Azgeda became the twelfth clan. I have been back a few times. Every time I go back it is the same thing. Nia always says how I am a disappointment. That my father would have never abandoned Azgeda. I always leave angrier than I came.

I walk through the forest when I hear a stick crack. I turn looking to see if anyone is behind me. Maybe it was a deer. I shake my head, turning back when I someone comes through the tree's. Falling on top of me.

I stare up at the boy, covered in dirt and blood. He stares down at me, dark eyes looking me over. 

"Bellamy!" He looks over his shoulder as two people come through the tree's. He turns back to me when his head pops up. He scrambles off me looking me down at me. 

"You're one of them. You can help us." He picks me up, holding his spear to my throat.

"You do not want to do this." I say.

"My people are gone. One of them has been taken by one of yours. You will help me get him back." He pushes me forward. I hold my hands up, walking a head of him. We walk till we get to a set of bushes. A warrior, one of her warriors rides with a boy tied to his horse.

"What's the plan?" A boy asks Bellamy. I look at him as he stares at me before looking back at them.

"We go out, ambushing him. He can't take us all." I laugh. he looks at me.

"You're a fool to think you'll survive." He steps back little. 

"What do you mean?"

"He is one of our commanders warriors. He is trained for this. He can take down five men by himself. You will be cut down before you can take him." I smile, staring up at him. He bites his cheek, unsure of what to say.

He soon picks me up. Pushing me down the slope towards them. Bellamy calls out to the warrior. He turns looking at him and then me. He smiles when he see's a knife to my throat.

"Ai see wanheda has been caught." He smiles getting off his horse. "The mighty wanheda, caught by a fool." He grabs his sword swinging it towards me. I duck pushing Bellamy to the ground.

I don't know why I did that but I felt like it was right. He stares up at me before pushing me off him, rolling away as the warrior swings his sword down at him. He walks over to Bellamy, staring down at him. He kicks him in the head. Knocking him out.

He looks back at me, smiling. "Do not worry. Lexa still wants you alive." I stare at him, leaning on my elbows. I watch him stand Bellamy up. He ties him to his horse like the other boy, dragging him through the woods.

I look into the bush to see his friends. They look scared. I get up, picking up my knife before running. I hear footsteps behind me.

"What are you going to do?" They ask.

"Save your friend." I say running towards him. 

I find the warrior, stopping to see him not far. I see tree's lining the path. I climb up one, getting far enough up. I jump from tree to tree, following him. I look down when I am right beside him to see the other boy fall.

They are exhausted. The warrior stops, getting off. He stomps over to them, cutting the other boys rope. He picks him up by his hair and is about to slice his neck when Bellamy hits him. The other boy falls back to the ground as Bellamy wrestles with the warrior. 

I am about to jump down when I see my mother below me, looking up. I stare down at her, wondering why she is here. I haven't seen her in eight years. Not since the last commander attacked Azgeda. 

I look back at Bellamy to see the warrior dead and other people with guns talking to him. I watch as they relax, looking around.

"You're safe. We're here now." A man says too Bellamy. I look back down to see her gone. I look around when I see her walking towards them. 

"Abby." The man says looking at her. "Did you find any others?"

"No. I am sorry." The man nods looking back at Bellamy. Bellamy looks up when he see's me, our eyes meeting. 

I take deep breaths looking at him. Something about him draws me to him. I don't know what it is but I can't stop staring at him.

They soon move off. Bellamy follows them, hands tied up. I slowly get down, following them. They walk to the ship they came down in. Guns out. They walk through the gates, looking around. I stop looking in, wondering why they are here. All that's here is ash.

I look at my mom to see her talking to one of them. What is she doing here? I hear commotion. I look over to see Bellamy attacking a boy. They are rolling on the ground. The man picks them up, yelling at them.

"Look what we have here." I hear a click behind me. I turn hands up to see one of them. He nods towards the gate. I walk in hands up. "Marcus I found one of them lurking near by." the man, Marcus looks at me.

"Who is this?" He walks towards me.

"She's someone we met in the forest." Bellamy says. "Tried to help us." He looks at me.

"A grounder helping? Seems like you're not the only one to help, Abby." He looks at mother before looking back at me. "Why are you following us?"

"I wanted to make sure he was okay." I nod towards Bellamy. 

"Well you helped a murderer." He glares at me.

"Doesn't look like a killer to me." I stare up at him. He is about to put his gun on me when mother stops him.

"Stop, Marcus she's my daughter." She pushes pass the other men and woman, grabbing me. "She means you no harm." I look at her. She has no idea what she says. I am the worst thing to happen to them.

"Fine. We will bring her with us. If she tries to hurt us, we will put her down." Abby nods taking my arm. We soon walk out, following them.

"Where laik osir going?" I ask her.

"Der camp." She says looking at Marcus.

"Can osir trust em?" I look around at the others.

"No. Ba so far emo mean osir no harm." I nod looking back at Bellamy. He is looking a me, watching me.

We finally get to where we are going. Their camp. I look up at the gate they have made. This is like nothing I have ever seen. Mother follows Marcus into their ship. Such a strange building. We walk through the hallways. Marcus opens the door, stepping to the side. I look around to see Bellamy and another boy here. 

"What is this?" I turn to look at Marcus. 

"We do not know you or trust you. Until we can you will stay here we these two. I am sure you have much in common." I watch as mother follows him out. The door shuts behind them leaving just the three of us. I turn looking at them before moving to the far wall, sliding down. I sit there in the corner, watching them, waiting to make my move.