Chapter 5

DARLENE

My arrangement with Desmond has been going great. We have been connecting on a deeper level. I know that his time is paid for, but he was great at inspiring me. Desmond was telling me everything was going well with his classes. Like every law student, Desmond was required to write his graduation thesis. It was part of the Law classes that he had to take every semester. Desmond told me he chose to write about how unfairly African Americans were perceived in the justice system. He has been locked away in my apartment with law books stacked and his attention fixed on the computer screen. I often sat with him as I worked on my online magazine or graded papers. It turned me on watching this ebony intellectual work.

As for me, on the other hand, while I was not at the apartment with Desmond, I either stayed at my office to work late at the time. Even though I enjoyed being with Desmond, I found his presence distracting. This old girl could not focus on her nipples, getting hard and panties wet. I would tell him to go home, but I could not find the courage. When he is in my apartment, the mood is soul-fulfilling.

After finishing my workday, I decided to stay late at the office. I texted Desmond to inform him as if I was in an actual committed relationship. Desmond sent a text, "Don't stay long." He replied as he sent me a text image with him making a V with his fingers and his tongue sticking out between his fingers. That wicked chocolate man. Even the notion of him giving me oral sex made me want to rush home and bury his cock in my pussy. "You have work to do, Darlene. Focus," I said to myself. I immediately turned my attention to my computer to refocus my priorities. I spent a few hours grading papers, answering student emails, and doing duties that pertained to University professors. After I was done, I started working on ideas for my online magazine. The second quarter was around the corner, and I had to get April to June issues ready. I was somewhat in a bind because I wanted to add another section to reach new clients and a potential audience. Those terms were a demand from my sponsors as they provided the funding for my online staff.

I hammered at least five hours of work before calling it for the evening. I figure I deserved some playtime with Desmond. It was close to seven in the evening anyway, and It was a perfect time to leave since rush hour traffic would have passed by now. I was feeling a bit famished, so I ordered take-out from La Shish Restaurant. Two chicken shawarma meals with grape leaves, hummus, baba ghanoush, and lentil soup was a fitting dinner for two. I stopped by and got a $70 bottle of wine after picking up my food so I could have a romantic evening.

When I reached my apartment with bags in tow, I opened the door and saw my man. There he was hammering away at the computer. I am starting to worry about him. He has been sitting in that same spot since I left this morning. "Good evening, lover boy," I greeted him. He said nothing as he was typing loud enough for me to hear. I quickly went to the kitchen to set the food on the counter and my messenger bag on the chair. I walked over to Desmond and hugged him from behind.

"Oh shit!" Desmond jumped up out of his seat. I jumped back two as I was startled. Desmond turned around. Once he saw me, he immediately calmed down as he took the earbuds out of his ears. Hip-hop music was playing loud enough to wake the dead.

"Sorry about the scare. I did not hear you come in the door," Desmond replied as he started rubbing his fatigued eyes.

"How could you. You keep blasting that music like, and you will make yourself deaf."

"I hear you!" He replied as he walked towards me. He took me into his muscular arms and planted a kiss on my sparkled glossed lips. My man was ready to show me the affection I denied myself all day. I wasted no time pressing my lips against his.

When he was done, he looked at me. He squints his eyes as if he had some particle debris irritating him. "Are you okay, babe, "I asked. "I am fine. It's just that I have a headache, and my eyes were bothering me."