( 09. ) the chronicles of a vampire

Start from the beginning

The elf's cheeks flustered and his dark brown eyes widened. Thranduil on the other hand didn't like the little flirtatious gesture she'd given Feren. In fact, it irritated him a great deal. He shot the brown-haired elf a look, as if silently saying he would have a word with him later. Feren gulped and immediately looked elsewhere, knowing he was surely gonna get it.

They both came upon what Sypha assumed was the stables, and as they entered, her eyes locked onto a gigantic elk that stood tall and mighty. Her lips parted slightly as the gorgeous creature gazed back upon her. A chill went up her spine as she stared in awe. Eventually, she hesitantly moved closer towards him. When he didn't show any signs of aggression, she knew that he was friendly, therefore approachable.

"He's beautiful," the vampire breathed out in disbelief as she gently placed her hand upon the tall elk's muzzle. Her fingers brushed over his silky white coat, her eyes gazing into his light brown ones. The elk snorted whilst softly nudging Sypha's hand, causing her to chuckle. The smallest smile tugged on Thranduil's lips as he took a couple steps towards the two, his hands formally placed behind his back.

"I believe he is fond of you," the elf said, causing Sypha to glance over at him.

"What's his name?" Thranduil placed his hand on the elk's muzzle as well.

"He does not have one," he answered, his eyes briefly looking over at the vampire who was standing fairly close to him. There was this feeling he got that festered within him every time she got close.

"Doesn't have a name?" Sypha cooed towards the mystical creature as if it were a baby, "That's absurd." Just then, she had an idea. "I'll name you then. How does Biscuit sound?"

Thranduil furrowed his eyebrows, "Biscuit?"

Sypha shrugged lightly, "I don't know, a biscuit sounds good right now." The elf sighed, mentally shaking his head in disapproval.

"I do not like that name."

"Good thing no one asked you," she shot back matter-of-factly, giving him a small, sly smile. The elk snorted in agreement whilst nudging her, causing her to turn her attention towards him again, "See? He thinks that's funny." She said, earning another snort from the mystical creature.

"If he thinks you are funny— then his sense of humor is more or less nonexistent." Sypha looked offended by the elf's comment.

"Hey," she started, "Watch it, butterboy." Thranduil sighed once more, questioning why he allows himself to continue to put up with her. "Where I come from, I earned the title, 'best goddamn comedian.'" Yeah...that wasn't true. But hey, let's just let her keep pretending. You know, for her ego's sake.

She then changed the subject, "I want to ride him—for the journey." The elf stared at her for a moment, biting his inner lip as he couldn't help but think about something else she could ride. Suddenly brushing the thought to the back of his mind, he turned to walk away.

"I will be taking him on our expedition," he told her, stopping in front of a pretty brown horse. "You can have this one."

Sypha looked unimpressed, "But I want to take Biscuit. You said it yourself—he's fond of me." She petted the elk on his neck, "See? He wants to be with me." Thranduil raised an eyebrow, then shifted his gaze upon Biscuit.