Stop and Smell The Flesh

The group heads out pretty late into the morning, having enjoyed their peace and quiet at the inn.

Whoa, it's Travis! It's nice to see a familiar face. He hasn't noticed the group yet and is real busy picking his nose.

Revealed: Travis's Trait: Inventive

Revealed: Travis's Perk: Car Nut

The group decides to recruit Travis, but Travis is allergic to animals so they have to let Carole and Elza go. Onward to Canada!

Travis says that he has his own car stashed somewhere nearby and that it's a "pretty sweet ride." The group shrugs and decide to ditch the police car.

Awsten judges Travis's character while he drives his hot rod over.

Revealed: Travis's Wits: 6/6

Revealed: Travis's Mechanical: 3/6

The group piles into the car, with Travis insisting he drive since it was his car after all. Awsten is annoyed but he doesn't mind since he's been driving for five days straight.

Awsten's Morale: 6/6

Geoff's Morale: 6/6

Otto's Morale: 6/6

Travis's Morale: 6/6

"Keep an eye out for a sweeter car," Travis says as he speeds down the Death Road.

The car has completely run out of gas and coasts to a complete stop. They have to abandon the car.

"Real nice, Travis," Awsten grumbles.

The group continues walking through the country side. It is very uneventful but at least there are no zombies or dangers in sight. For the first time in a long time, the group is able to drop their guard and walk in some form of peace.

The group's attempt at camping is interrupted by a very angry bear. They are forced to abandon the camp with very little sleep and must make a panicked decision about what to grab, FAST.

The group, ambushed by a bear while camping, decides to fight! Havoc ensues.

Awsten's Health: 3/4

Geoff's Health: 2/3

Otto's Health: 2/3

Travis's Health: 2/3

The bear retreats! The group is able to get back to their break. They eat a decent lunch.

Geoff rolls up his sleeve and starts tending to their wounds. He is low on medical supplies and is only able to partially heal the group.

Awsten's Health: 4/4

The group finds a long road full of abandoned cars and the zombies that maybe used to own them. There must be a lot of gas in those tanks and at least a car that still runs.

ZOMBIE FORECAST:

SWARM SIZE: Very Thick!

AGGRESSION: Irritated

CURRENT TIME: Noon

The group gets their weapons ready to go find themselves a car.

Battling through the massive horde, they were able to get a little over a hundred gallons of gas and some random loot from the abandoned cars, as well as finding a hot rod that looked eerily similar to Travis's.

"I wonder if bandits took it and ran out of gas, too," Travis says as Awsten starts the car. They quickly get out of there. 64 zombies were destroyed.

The group checks out what appears to be a trading settlement. They are instead ambushed by bandits who have taken it over. One of them looks injured. They demand 15 food items to pass safely.

Always suspicious, Awsten hid the car and supplies before approaching the settlement. He claims to have nothing of value. The bandits doubt this but can't find anything. They let the group go.

Geoff, using the few medical kits they were able to loot from the cars, starts healing the rest of the group.

Geoff's Health: 3/3

Otto's Health: 3/3

The group decides to make a stop for supplies before finding a place to camp for the night. They find a museum, in flashing rainbow letters, and a factory.

"The museum, duh," Travis says, swerving the car over. Awsten winces at his driving.

"What the fuck are you doing, man?" he growls. "Can't fuckin' drive and now we're not even making group decisions!"

Awsten's Morale: 3/6

"The museum would probably be the better option of the two," Otto shrugs.

"A factory would have better chance of weapons," Geoff argues. "But the museum might be safer, and have food."

"IT'S IN FUCKING RAINBOW!" Awsten yells. "When the fuck does that ever mean safe??"

It was too late for them to argue anymore as Travis had already pulled up to the building.

"Get your weapons ready," he says.

The museum must have been popular before as the undead are out in droves. Signs and banners outside advertise MALL KATANAS OF THE UNITED STATES exhibit.

ZOMBIE FORECAST:

SWARM SIZE: Very Thick!

AGGRESSION: Calm

CURRENT TIME: Late Afternoon

They quickly enter the museum, finding nothing a few rooms in. Eventually, they make it to the katana exhibit and find a few cheap katanas left scattered on the ground. Each of them pick one up and leave the room to explore the rest of the building.

They find an old break room that has a bit of food left. Before leaving, they enter the bathroom and find some bullets in the toilet. The group runs towards the exit and bolt to the car. 138 zombies were destroyed.

The group camps in a sturdy building. It seems to be an old repair shop with busted machinery laying around. This would be a great time to train with repairing things, but it would make a lot of noise. The group eats a decent meal, discussing their options.

"I mean, my mechanical skill is already pretty high," Travis says, eating a can of Apocalypse Meat TM.

"It's three of six," Geoff says. "Awsten's is five of six."

"I think we should just sleep," Awsten says. "I mean, you could train just in case I die, I guess. But I have the most vitality."

"Let's just sleep," Otto yawns. "I'm very tired, we had a hard day."

"All we did was walk, Otto," Geoff says.

"Exactly," Otto retorts. "And also fight off a huge horde of zombies to get a car."

"Fair point," Geoff nods. He finishes his meal and tends to Travis's wounds before they head to bed.

Travis's Health: 3/3

The group finishes their meal and go to bed.