Shouta signed to him, using a special variation that would be gibberish to any civilians (it was a special sign that heroes used), to take a break. They landed atop a nearby roof and settled down on the edge as Shouta brought out their lunches for the night.

Izuku had come a long ways from the kid who could barely handle a four-hour patrol. Now he joined his dad for the full 9pm-5am patrols every Saturday, and the half 9pm-1am on Wednesday (because school). Whenever he had a day off from school due to some holiday or villain attack, he'd join his dad for the full 9-5. He loved those ones, even if he now sported the same bags under his eyes that his dad did.

Hizashi called them twins. And no, Izuku did not blush happily when Nemuri had remarked 'like father like son'.

"All right. So you're called onto the scene of a bank robbery. You're the first hero on the scene, and there are an unknown number of hostages inside. The robber has demanded that cops and heroes clear out within ten minutes before he starts killing off hostages." Shouta started. "What do you do?"

"Hmm..." Izuku thought for a moment.

Izuku knew that, though his dad didn't say it aloud, he had a time limit for his answer.

"How many cops are there? What're their Quirks?" He asked, knowing that heroes could direct police—and occasionally even civilians—to use their Quirks to help them in different situations.

His dad grinned as he listed off seemingly random Quirks (though Izuku knew from experience that some of the cops at the station actually had these Quirks). Izuku ran through a mental list of possible tactics and options before settling on the three that should result in the fewest number of casualties and smallest number of injuries.

He explained the answer with as much detail as he could, listing backup plans for if things went south.

"Four minutes to spare. Good." Shouta smiled. "You've gotten a lot better at this." He complimented, and Izuku couldn't help but grin as he leaned into his dad, the strong arm wrapped around his shoulders to hold him close as Yuki curled up happily in his lap, munching on some of his fish.

"Hard to believe we've only known one another for just over a year." Izuku breathed. "I feel like you've been here my whole life."

"I wish I'd met you sooner, then maybe you could've grown up with a father figure."

"But I have you, now. And Pa, and Nana, and Auntie Nem and Auntie Mitsuki and Kacchan... I have so many people. I feel so blessed." He sighed contentedly.

Izuku's brows knitted together as he noticed a white figure down in the nearby park, which Yuki was watching intently. What was someone doing down there at—he checked his watch—3:30 in the morning?

"Hm?" Shouta noticed the figure, too. "What is Nezu doing here?" He sighed, packing his empty bento and motioning for Izuku to do the same. "Yuki, he's not food." He added absently, as the feline's ears drooped in disappointment. He quickly jumped up onto Izuku's shoulders as he followed his dad as they swiftly made it down to ground level and approached the... mouse? Bear?

"Shouta!" Nezu greeted with a smile. "I was hoping to find you out here." He blinked when he saw Izuku. "This must be your son, Izuku."

"Good morning." Izuku greeted. "Yamazawa Izuku."

"I am Nezu, Principal of U.A." He smiled, and Izuku straightened up immediately. This was the famed U.A.'s Principal?! Shit, he was not ready to meet him!!

Yuki popped his head out from Izuku's Capture Weapon with a small meow.

"Oh, nice to meet you, too, Yuki." He smiled at the cat, who seemed to grin back.