Chapter 5: Bullying

A/N: Welcome back~! Today's update is dedicated to my mother (who just turned 60 today!!) Happy Birthday Mom! You're amazing, and I'm glad you gave birth to me!

I know a lot of you are asking about Kacchan, and you want Aizawa to kick his ass for everything he's done to Izuku. Patience. It'll come, eventually. And Izuku still cares about Bakugo, so he—unfortunately—won't really let Aizawa lay into him like you probably want. I've already written this stuff, so please look forward to next week's update. It should be around Friday or so (Pacific Standard Time).

Chapter 5: Bullying

Izuku had been training with Aizawa-sensei for four months, now, and Yamada-sensei for three. He couldn't remember a time in his life where he'd been happier. He was getting stronger by the day, and his combat training had started two months ago.

After the stairs incident, the physical bullying had died down, likely due to the kids realizing that sending Izuku to a hospital would probably get them in trouble. They were lucky he hadn't broken anything, because Izuku wasn't sure if he could've come up with a viable excuse for the bruises (and he was sure that Yamada and Aizawa-sensei would've hunted them down. He had a hard enough time getting them to back off as it was.)

As far as combat training goes, Aizawa-sensei said he was a natural, able to pick up fighting stances and moves after only observing them a couple of times. Yamada-sensei was thrilled with his academic skills, and the two regularly held conversations in English. Sometimes, Yamada-sensei would throw in some German or French to throw him off, but Izuku was slowly getting those down, too.

He'd been gaining a lot more confidence in himself, and his Quirk analysis skills were skyrocketing under his mentor's careful tutelage. He had three new notebooks to show for it, too.

His mother was also now on a first-name basis with the two, who regularly came over to the Midoriya household to eat or just hang out. It was weird, at first, seeing two pro heroes at his apartment, but after a while it became weird to not see them there.

He'd found out halfway through the third month that the two were married, and Izuku honestly found it adorable. He loved helping Yamada-sensei—or Hizashi as he was told to call him when they weren't training—mess with his mentor. He would never get tired of seeing Aizawa-sensei flustered. And if the man made his training that day three times harder, then it was totally worth it.

Izuku got ready for the day, and came out to the kitchen to the familiar sight of Aizawa nursing a cup of coffee, while Hizashi helped his mother cook breakfast (she was helping him improve his disastrous cooking skills at a phenomenal rate). It made him happy to know that his mother had some friends, now. Auntie Mitsuki was her only friend, as far as he knew, and he knew his mother was a lot more social than he was. She liked having friends, but apparently the stigma of having a Quirkless child affected her social standing. Izuku always blamed himself for her stress and lack of a social life.

"Morning mom. Morning Sensei, Zashi." He yawned as he sat down next to Aizawa.

"Good morning, Problem Child." Aizawa ruffled his hair fondly, making him smile.

"Hey, Little Listener! Just in time, breakfast is ready~!" Hizashi grinned as he set down a plate of eggs, toast, bacon, and sausage.

"American?" Izuku's eyes lit up. He loved eating food from other cultures—though American food was one of his favorites.

"Yep! Eat up, there's plenty more where that came from!" The blond grinned, and Izuku happily obliged.

"Itadakimasu~!" He thoroughly enjoyed Hizashi's cooking. Three months ago, the blond's cooking could be called a weapon of mass destruction. Izuku wouldn't even call it food, really. Not when that one thing that Hizashi had insisted was mashed potatoes ate through the plate. Yeah, his mom wasn't too happy about that.