Chapter Fifteen

__________________

*not proofread*

Enojy the picture on the side ------>

__________________

Chapter Fifteen

"Jake," I exclaim, figuring my eyes are deceiving me.

He grins widely and spreads his arms, "That's me."

I run over to him and he wraps his arms around me. I pull away to look at him questionably, "But how?"

"My father," he says simply, "is a sorcerer although my mother is pure human.

"So technically she had a monster within her at one point," I tease.

He glares at me as Will snorts from over by the stone stairwell. Jake's glare shifts from me to Will and becomes more agitated.

"It wasn't that funny," Jake growls.

"Yes it was," Will says, his eyes smoking; not literally.

"Then why aren't you laughing now," Jake questions irritably.

"Because I'm looking at you."

As anger steams off of them and they leap at each other, I shove both of their rock hard chests away from each other and scowl at them.

"Grow up you two," I say, disappointed.

Will sighs and runs a hand through his hair while Jake just huffs.

"So, Jake," I say, changing the topic as the rest of the sorcerers stare at us, amused, "Did you know I was a sorceress?"

"I figured. For a while, I wasn't aware, but I first hinted something was different about you on your thirteenth birthday. I was already aware William," he sneers Will's name, "was a sorcerer, so I just questioned him. He refused to tell me at first, and that's when I had high suspicions. Eventually, the bastod came around and said it."

"Jake," I warn, "Just because you curse in the Unusual Language doesn't mean I don't understand you."

Jake just appears surprised, "I didn't know you were that advanced."

I open my mouth to reply just as Will beats me to it.

"She's not experienced enough to speak fluently in the Unusual Language, although she knows all of the powers, some simple words, and, of course, curse words." He smirks and receives a few chuckles from the audience in reply.

"Well if I was teaching her," Jake interrupts the chuckling crowd of in humans, "I wouldn't teach her vulgar language. I would have her focus more on her powers because that's what more important."

Will smirks, but it's obvious he's trying to contain anger, "Val, show him what you can do."

"What do you mean," I ask nervously, glancing at the small crowd and fixing my eyes briefly on Hilary's for a moment.

He just shoots me a reassuring and determined smile.

I breathe deeply through my nose and close my eyes in concentration. I then contemplate on myself gliding smoothly through the cool, crisp air, floating above the fluffy clouds.

"Uparo," I utter confidently. I begin to rise up slowly, still breathing deeply and keeping my eyelids firmly closed in determination. After this, I allow the temperature to plummet, and snowflakes to drift from my fingertips and swirl around me.