Chapter 48: What the Heck is This Toy

"..." Huang Yu feels the vision before her spin and she almost faints on the spot.

To not even know Zhennan Wang? Dude, are you really from Tianxuan Kingdom? Are you sure you didn't pop up from some remote corner!

At this moment, she is starting to regret bringing this fellow here!

Given how ignorant he is, it is likely he will say something wrong and pull her down along with him!

Actually, Zhang Xuan really isn't putting on an act, he is truly ignorant on this matter.

His previous self is the worst teacher in the academy. All along, he has been occupied with how he could stop himself from being expelled from the school. Thus, he never tried to look into the internal affairs of the kingdom and knows very little about it as well. The previous him doesn't even know what section, division and bureau are, so how could he possibly know who Zhennan Wang is.

Jiya!

Just as she is about to explain the glorious war accomplishments of Zhennan Wang, the door in front of them creaks and opens. A butler-like person appears in their view, welcoming them.

"Uncle Cheng, I am prepared now. I hope to receive master's guidance again!" Towards the butler he calls Uncle Cheng, the white-clothed gongzi Bai Xun speaks respectfully, the arrogance he had a moment ago absent in his voice.

Gongzi -> Gentleman

"So it is Bai gongzi and Huang guniang! Please follow me to wait at the lounge!" Upon catching sight of the three standing at the entrance of the door, the butler bows and ushers them in.

Gongzi -> Gentleman| Guniang -> Lady/Miss

The three of them follow behind him into the residence.

Zhang Xuan gazes around the surroundings.

The residence may not be extravagant in its renovations, inferior even when compared to certain parts of the academy, but it brings about a wholly different atmosphere. Every moment of stillness and every movement in the courtyard feels like a tranquil ink painting which exudes indescribable elegance.

"What an incredible natural ink painting!"

Zhang Xuan can't help praising.

"Oh? Gongzi... seems to have some aptitude towards painting?" Hearing his praise, the butler turns around and asks.

"It is just a casual comment!" He didn't expect that a casual comment that he spoke would attract the attention of the butler. Zhang Xuan hurriedly shakes his head.

In his previous life, he was a librarian, and his job is deeply related to literacy. Even though he had seen many different paintings back then, he had never picked up a brush, needless to say, paint!

"Our laoye used his heart as his brush and the courtyard as his paper to turn the entire residence into a painting. You aren't mistaken in your words!" The butler nods his head and continues moving forward.

Laoye -> Old master

Soon, they arrive at the lounge.

The lounge isn't very big but is rich in paintings, giving the room a kind of classical elegance. It has a soothing effect on those who step into it.

It is unlike the other places, where Strength Measuring Rock Pillars can be found everywhere, which makes one feel as though they would be thrown out if they display insufficient strength.

"I will be reporting to laoye!"

After arranging the seats for the three of them, the butler turns around to leave.