Chapter 36: Gourmet

There are many occupations in this world and gourmet is one of them. Gourmets are often born sensitive to taste, and their ability to discern flavors far exceeds ordinary humans.

Their cultivation may not necessarily be high, but there are some hotels or taverns that would hire them at high salaries so as to ascertain the taste and effects of their ingredients.

However, this occupation is one of the least esteemed ones and can only be considered one of the Lower Nine Paths.

There are more than several thousands of occupations in the world. To better classify them, they are split into the Upper Nine Paths, Middle Nine Paths and Lower Nine Paths.

Apothecary, blacksmith, formation master and similar jobs which brings about benefits to battle techniques and one's cultivation are considered as the conventional Upper Nine Paths. On the other hand, gourmet could only be considered as an unorthodox occupation, thus being classified under the Lower Nine Paths.

Going by Shen Bi Ru's opinion, given how the young man is capable of pointing out the flaws in those dishes and wine, he had to be a gourmet.

"You can take it so!" Zhang Xuan doesn't explain.

The Library of Heaven's Path does more than reflecting one's cultivation. As long as he has tried a dish, its flaws would be reflected in the library. With this, it is a simple task for him to take care of a small manager Wu.

"Thank you for your help today..."

Seeing the other party admit to it, Shen Bi Ru thanks him.

If it wasn't for this young man's ability to discern delicacies, it would be truly embarrassing for her today.

"It's nothing!" Zhang Xuan waves his hand.

"You resolved the problem just a moment ago, so it can't be considered as my treat. I'll treat you again next time!" Shen Bi Ru says.

"Treat me again?" Zhang Xuan ponders over it and shakes his head. "Better not, I still treasure my life!"

Eating with a beauty may be an enjoyable event, but he knows himself the best. Given his reputation, the other party might simply be speaking out of politeness despite being repulsed by the idea!

Not only so, he would have to suffer from the envy of others. If so, he would have to come up with ideas to deal with her pursuers. However, there are still many things that he needs to do at the moment and he doesn't have the leisure for such matters.

"You..."

Just when she thought that Zhang Xuan could speak normally, she hears those words and feels a blockade in her chest again as the urge to go berserk surges through her.

Many people had asked her out to eat, but she rejected them all. Yet, when she takes the initiative to invite him, she feels as though she is begging a stubborn elderly.

Detestable!

"Alright, since we have already eaten, if there's nothing else, I'll be making a move first. I still have many things to attend to!" Oblivious to her rage, he waves and prepares to take his leave.

"Wait, I'm not done yet!" Suppressing her anger, Shen Bi Ru calms down her breathing and looks at him with her beautiful eyes. "You might have resolved that difficulty in my stead today and your occupation as a gourmet played a huge role in it, but... In the end, it is still an unorthodox occupation. After all, a fighter should focus on his training..."

Fighters, upon cultivating to a certain realm, are able to survive without ingesting food, so delicacies do not have much use. Even if he is able to profit out of the occupation for now, it still isn't a proper path a fighter should be treading on.