ninth

Nahirapan akong i-push ang Chapter na 'to, but here it is.:)

December 2, 2014 | 10:00PM

_____________

ninth

Lalong nagtagis 'yung mga bagang ni Elijah. "No, Klare. Don't tell me to stop. Itong gagong 'to ang dapat tumigil." He pointed a finger at me with disgust written all over his face at umakmamg susugurin akong muli.

"Elijah! Stop!"

Nalaglag 'yung mga panga ni Elijah nang muli siyang sawayin ni Klare. He turned to her then. "Am I hearing you right, Klare?" hindi makapaniwalang turan niya. "Are you seriously stopping me from beating the shit out of that *sshole? After what he did?"

Malalim na buntong hininga 'yung pinakawalan ni Klare before she caressed Elijah's face. "Baby, listen to me. Hey," she softly said to him. "Iwan mo muna kami ni Azi—"

"What the hell, Klare?! Do you think papayag ako na iwan ka with this son of a bitch?"

"Elijah!" she hissed, shutting his mouth up. She cupped his face and forced him to look at her. "Azi and I will talk. Let me handle this. Baby, please. Trust me—"

“I trust you. It’s this f*cking bastard I don’t trust,” he furiously stated.

“Baby, enough. Just let me talk to him,” Klare calmly said. She pushed him inside their house as gently and as thoughtful as she could, giving him the assurance I hated.

Klare successfully managed to calm Elijah down. I didn't really understand how she did it. The man was fuming mad. And if it were any other circumstance, and if Klare didn't get him to relax, I knew for sure I'd be dead on the spot. Who wouldn't get furious, anyway? Kung ako rin naman siguro ang makakakita sa taong pinagkakatiwalaan ko na hinahalikan ang babaeng pinaglaban at minamahal ko, I would sure as hell kill that person—kahit pa kaibigan, pinsan, o kapatid ko siya.

Kaya hindi ko siya masisisi nang mariin niyang sinabi na, “Isang maling galaw, Azrael, kakalimutan ko nang pinsan kita,” bago kami iniwan ni Klare.

I knew exactly how he felt but I minded less. Hindi ko na rin ininda 'yung pagdugo ng labi ko dahil sa mga suntok niya. I readied myself to whatever I had to tell Klare—and whatever she had to tell me.

Elijah’s punches sure hurt, but what was waiting for me would be something more, that I was certain of.

"Aren't you mad?" I asked, breaking the painful silence between us as we sat on the gutter of their garage. I watched her breathe unevenly. Must be the cold weather. It was past one in the morning and it was getting colder. I offered my sweater and she received it thankfully.

"I am," she answered after a while. She kept her eyes away from me, away from my stares.

I smirked. “I’m such a jerk, aren’t I?”

“You’ve always been a jerk, Azi.”

Bahaw na tawa ‘yung pinakawalan ko. “Right. Sa lahat ng gagaguhin ko, si Elijah pa. At sa lahat ng babae, ikaw pa.”

“You must be out of your mind, then,” she responded in a low voice.

“I know. Hindi ko lang akalain na may ilalala pa ako.”

Mahinang tawa ‘yung isinagot niya. She slowly turned her head to me and asked, “Why, Azi? Why me? Just… why?”

Sa lahat ng katarantaduhan na meron ako sa katawan ko, lahat ko nasasagot nang pabalang. But her question was the hardest one ever thrown to my face. Isang tanong na kahit sino siguro, hindi magagawang masagot.