𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

Mark's POV

We went inside a room in a floor that we went down on. Renjun and Jeno closed the doors while Jisung placed Donghyuck on the floor.

I kneeled in front of him, checking if he is okay. Being possessed is seriously not a great experience. You can see what's happening but you can't do anything but just look at your demon trying to find your friends.

Donghyuck fluttered his eyes open and roamed his gaze around the place. He rubbed his eyes and sat up straight. "Hyung, did you guys found something from asking questions to each other?"

I glanced at the others who were resting because of the run earlier. The wings are really tiresome. "I guess so. It's just.." I sighed, hesitating to tell him. He raised a brow. "It's connected to back then."

He nodded. "I know. Mind telling me?" I sat beside him and started to talk about what we discussed earlier. I told him about the possibility that our past is haunting us.. to take revenge on what we did before.

"I was also wondering why Jaemin got Lucifer and Charlie and I got this.. Asmodeus," He scoffed and raised a finger. "Fun fact, this demon is horny, I'm not kidding. My body was hard when he was searching for you guys."

I saw Renjun cover Jisung's ears, sending us a deathly glare. Hyuck did a peace sign. "But yeah.. why did she have a monster when she didn't know us? She only knew Jeno. Her monster might be related to the games, right?"

I thought about it. He has a point.

If her monster was the same as ours - only stronger, of course - then it probably knew..

I gasped. "What is it, hyung?" Donghyuck asked, his voice avid.

"So, if we put to it that her monster was related to ours, then it must have known our past since the games were the reason why they existed in the first place. When she passed it to Jaemin, then maybe that might be her mission to him; to make us remember and regret our decisions. Are you keeping up with me?"

His mouth dropped open from the theory I just contributed. The others also heard what I said and their jaws dropped. He covered his face and faked a cry. "Oh my God, Mark hyung."

"That.." We looked at Jeno hyung. "..actually makes sense." Hyuck shook his head. "Wait, wait. Let's recall," We made a circle and started making things out.

"We're here because of this girl who passed Jaemin a curse and also knows our past. Maybe this bitch needs closure so that's why she got revenge or something like that by using what happened way back then," I noticed a feather fell from his wings.

"And now we're stuck here, trying to figure out how to get out of this situation. We're playing a game we played back then with demons inside us. These demons will take over our body if we do bad deeds.

"Now, how do we defeat these sons of bitches?" He stopped. Another feather fell. Jisung looked worriedly at him. "Donghyuck hyung, avoid swearing if you can, please. I don't want you to be completely possessed.

"Why does these demons need our bodies?"

We turned to Renjun hyung. His question made my heart race for some reason.

No one answered.

With rigid breaths, Hyuck was going to answer when the door burst open, making our candle lights turn off.

There was Jaemin and Beelzebub. With that devilish smirk on his lips, he started to count.

"Ten.."

"Nine.."

"Eight.."

"Seven.."

The countdown was much more faster.

Like before, we took out our lighters and flicked it to light up our candles again.

Our candles illuminated light and Jaemin disappeared.

So did Beelzebub.

"You're 'it'."

I turned around and saw him behind Jeno. I pulled Jeno by the arm and pushed my younger brothers out of the room. "Get out! Hurry!" I said and followed them out.

I was relieved when Jeno didn't become the seeker. I counted all of us and saw that we're complete. Most of us. Beelzebub is still using Chenle's body.

I felt bad because we left Chenle behind. I stopped running when I saw Jaemin following behind Beelzebub.

Cupping my hands over my mouth, I shouted, "Chenle! Try to control your body and tag Jaemin! Please! Hear me out!" I shouted.

"Mark hyung!" Renjun pulled me, making me face him. "Jaemin is still going to hear you! The gas in our lighters are already half-full and if we stay around him, we'll be forced to stay in a circle of salt and can't hide from the seeker!"

My eyes glowed. "What if we trap Jaemin around the circle of salt?"

Renjun looked at me. "Mark hyung, seriously, stop being so smart. I hope Jaemin can be 'it' then no one would be chasing us. We can provoke him since we can get rid of him." We looked behind and Beelzebub is still following us.

I shook my head. "Ugh, nevermind. Come on!" I dragged Renjun and followed behind the others.

"You're 'it'."

I heard it and I glanced behind to see if I was the one to be 'it' or Renjun but excitement rushed over me when Beelzebub touched Jaemin.

I immediately rushed to pull Chenle's body. Renjun and Jeno followed me and we pulled out our bottles of salt. We poured it around Jaemin and he was growling at us.

Renjun pointed at him with two of his forefingers. "Get that, you hellion!" He and Jeno high-fived, laughing for the first time ever since the game started.

"Let's not stay too long. He might escape so let's try to find some place to hide and continue our question party." They nodded and we tailed the others.

They were waiting near the stairs with worried looks. When Donghyuck saw we're all complete, he gasped. "Jaemin's both the midnight man and the seeker??" He asked in a surprised voice.

I nodded. "We also trapped him around a circle of salt so we spared time for ourselves." Hyuck looks like he has more questions but we decided to find another room to hide.

"How did you do that without being touched by Jaemin? Hell, I just wish his two demons doesn't dare help him." Hyuck said, still not over what we did to Jaemin. I cursed under my breath because of what he said and I saw one of my feathers fall.

"Then let's get down to business," Jisung said and pushed a door open.

"Oh, Jesus." Chenle exclaimed after being half-conscious. He was staring behind Jisung. I looked there and tried to grab our youngest away but I was too late.

Lucifer touched his back.

"Ordered by I, you shall be the seeker."

•••
A/N:
i'm scared because this might be short-

i hope all of you are enjoying although the chapters are getting shorter 🤧

thank you for reading!

-DONGHYUQUE