Chapter 8

A/n: Don't play music until told to. But if you wanna listen to it go ahead.

Then there was a clap.

Cynthia and I turned around to see the King and Queen clapping their hands.

"Beautifully said." The kind spoke.

"My I didn't expect you two to be so loving of the country. You know so much of it." Camilla spoke.

I smiled.

"Well. We read some books of the country. Though it is not a lot it was quite intersting?"

"I see." Camilla smiled.

"As king I announce that Eve and Cynthia will be rewarded with the title of princess. Those who ever dare to shame them is going against the royals and will be punished. As said before. None of this matter will be spoken. You all are dismissed." The king spoke.

The crowd dispersed and people went to their own tables or group to chat.

Then Cynthia approached me and grabbed my hand.

"Eve. Are you alright? How is your cheek?" She asked worriedly as she looked at where I was slapped.

"I'm fine. Just this small thing, it's not going to kill me."

She glared at me.

"Why did you let her hit you?" Cynthia asked sternly.

"You know I don't like initiating the first move."

"But you would get hurt if you don't." Cynthia said.

I sighed and patted her head.

"Alright. I'm sorry. Now cheer up. You won't be beautiful anymore if you keep being sad." I smiled.

"Don't do it again." Cynthia said.

I nodded.

"Are you two alright?" Lucas asked.

"We're fine." Cynthia said.

"Eve..." Zaiden was about to ask but I cut him off.

"I'm fine. It's just a little pain. It doesn't hurt."

"Eve. I'm quite hungry. Let's go back to our tables now." Cynthia spoke.

I nodded.

We walked back to our tables and sat down as the food was served.

Zaiden and Lucas sat down as well and we ate.

"This is so good. What is this?" Cynthia asked.

"Smoked salmon potato cakes with herbed crème fraiche." Lucas said.

"What about this one?" Cynthia asked.

She pointed to a dish that was in front of her.

"That is sage-barley risotto with butternut squash." Lucas said.

"Oh my the food here tastes so rich." Cynthia said as she ate happily.

I ate quietly as I watched her.

Then my phone ranged.

I looked at the number and smiled then I picked it up and answered it.

"Cynthia. It's mother."

She turned to face me and we were on facetime with Mother.

"Eve. Cynthia. Oh my you two look so beautiful. I wish I could be there to look at you properly. I recieved your pictures. Your dresses are so beautiful. How are you two doing?" Mother said.