You slide down the ridge and walk forward to hug her.

"Rey." You bury your head in her neck. "Rey, I missed you."

"I missed you too." She sniffles.

Someone sighs loudly.

You turn and see Ben tapping his foot.

"Now that we've had this...heartwarming event, can I please have my apprentice?" Ben asks. You shudder into Rey. Ben is acting different, cold and calculating.

"No. Astrid belongs with us." Rey wraps an arm around your shoulder protectively.

"Actually, Astrid will tell you differently. She belongs with me." Ben lifts his hand up and curls it into a fist, dragging you towards him.

He smirks down at you and holds his saber out in front of him.

"Give her to us Ben and there won't be any trouble." Someone says. They step out from a shroud of darkness. You gape at the person.

"Luke?" You say. You realize who the second Jedi was. Bens face hardens.

"You will not take her from me. Kill them apprentice." Ben growls at you. His voice is almost unrecognizable behind his mask.

Rey and Luke both gape at you.

You bite down on your tongue to keep from crying.

I can't kill them. You think to yourself, blocking out Ben from your head.

I'll kill him.

Your eyes harden and Rey gasps.

You spin around on your heel and ignite your lightsaber. It casts a bright blue glow in the darkness.

"I never wanted this. I never wanted you, the First Order, any of it. I wanted to become a Jedi not a Sith. I'm not your apprentice. You mean nothing to me. Nothing." You say.

You're voice doesn't shake on the last part like you thought it would.

You can feel Ben's hurt in his mind before it slams shut on you, like a door.

"Fine. Have it your way." Ben ignites his own saber and the two of you lock into combat.

He slashes at you, his saber coming dangerously close to hitting you.

You swipe back at him, and your sabers meet in between the two of you, blue and red creating purple sparks.

At that exact moment, Starkiller shakes, the ground between you and Ben cracking. Ben falls on his back as you stumble backwards.

The gap in between the two of you stretches wider. Ben leaps over it with ease and you slash at him again.

You hit him in the arm and he lets out a grunt. His fighting is less fluid now and his swings are sloppier.

He backs up as you step forward. You swing your lightsaber at him one more time and it's grazes his face.

Ben collapses with a yell. You let out a breath and bite down on your tongue. In the distance, a group of stormtroopers runs toward you, Rey, Luke, and the now fallen Ben.

"Astrid, we have to go! Starkiller is about to explode!" Rey yells at you, grabbing your arm. She tugs you backwards. You resist for a second.

"I'm so sorry Ben." You whisper. At that, he lifts his head up limply. In his eyes flickers betrayal.

You slump against Rey and she picks you up, pushing you to run.

"We have to get to the Falcon." She says to you. Another shake cracks apart the ground beneath you.

You follow Rey and Luke, boarding an old beat up ship. Rey runs to the pilots seat and you feel the ship soar upwards too fast.

You fall down and land on your butt. Luke offers a hand to you and you accept it gratefully. He guides you to a bench and the two of you sit down.

"You're safe now Astrid. You're safe." Luke whispers to you.

You nod and slump forward, blacking out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys! A middle of the day update which is weird for me. Anyways, this chapter was super fun to write with Ben and Astrids lightsaber fight. Also, we hit 400! I'm super happy about that! Thank you guys, love you💗

word count: 1247