v

The next few weeks pass in a blur of focus training and the same voice ringing in your head.

It only ever says one thing- come to me.

You've been meaning to ask Luke, but you don't know how to explain it to him.

You can't just knock on his office door and be like "oh hey by the way, there's this voice that talks to me in my head. Just thought you should know!"

And, Luke would almost definitely dig around in your mind and that was as uncomfortable as it sounded.

It felt like you didn't have control of your body, that someone was making your hearts and lungs pump on their command. And, the digging felt like someone was squeezing your brain for juice, like an orange.

You shuddered at the thought. Digging around in your mind had become a daily thing.

Luke insisted that it helped you build up walls in your head but all it seemed to do to you was shake you to the core.

But, until you could block out Luke, you were stuck trying to catch up with Rey.

She was flying, so much better than you at controlling the Force.

You were a little jealous. Luke almost definitely favored her as his wariness for her had gone away.

Not for you though. He still saw you as the rabid scavenger from Jakku.

As you bounded up the stairs to Luke's office, you could feel that Rey was already there. The bond between you two had grown.

Rey confessed to you that she could feel it and she could read your emotions as well.

You could do the same.

Luke explained that because you had both grown up so close, that the Force that ran through both of your veins had become intertwined.

That still didn't explain why Rey was so much better at it then you were but oh well.

You arrived at Luke's room, deep in thought. Rey was already in lotus position.

You quickly sat down and folded yourself into the position.

You cleared your mind faster than the other couple days. You were getting good at this.

Almost immediately, you feel Luke pushing into your mind.

You grit your teeth and push back.

You will get this. You will catch up with Rey. You will.

Luke pushes even harder, his hand now outstretched to help him.

A sweat breaks out on your forehead and at the back of your neck where your hair hangs down thickly.

Luke retracts his hold.

"Very good Astrid. You're improving very quickly. I believe it's time."

"Time for what Master Skywalker?" You ask timidly.

"It's time for the two of you to officially become padawans at this school." Luke replies warmly, his hands folded behind his back.

"How do we officially become padawans? I thought we already were." Rey says.

"In the schools eyes you are, but not the Jedi council. Tonight, we will gather under the stars and you two will become padawans under my careful hand." Luke says.