❀ 1 ❀

Postwick. It was a secretive little town that not many people visited. There were a small amount of houses and it was calm and quiet each day, unlike the majority of the Galar region's other cities. The rest of Galar was booming with celebrations, festivals, gatherings, and crowded events that the little town of Postwick has never seen before. The reoccurring sound of a Wooloo's cry caused a tan boy to groan in annoyance, although the boy loved his Wooloo to death, he couldn't stand it. He opened one eye and turned over to look at the time. 10:41 am. Closing his eye, he smiled and planned on continuing to sleep in, despite the cries of his dear Wooloo. But the beloved sheep wasn't the one that truly woke him. "Wake up, Hop!" A familiar voice filled Hop's bedroom, causing him to almost jump out of bed. "S-sorry, Lee. I forgot you were coming home today," he murmured. He shook his head with eager, the thought just now coming to him that the champion, his brother, Leon, was home! "Be right back! I haaaaave to go get Gloria! You brought us something, didn't you?!" He exclaimed, his eyes filled with excitement. Lee chuckled, messing with his little brother's much shorter hair than his own. "I don't know, I guess you'll have to see after you get Gloria!" He closed his eyes and smiled, and which was his attempt to stop himself from doing his signature charizard pose. "Typical Leon," He whispered to himself, his iconic smile never leaving his face.
                                 — 🗡 🛡—
Gloria, on the other hand, was already up and eating breakfast, her mother beaming at her across the table. "I heard rumors that the champion just got home this morning! Maybe you should go and say hello whenever you feel up to it?" She suggested, noticing that Gloria was finishing up her last few bites of breakfast. She shrugged, "I-I don't know, I don't really know him as well as I know Hop," she replied, unsure of the idea, as she was a little intimidated by the "greatest champion in all of Galar."
Before she could really decide for herself, Hop burst through the door, his dynamax levels of energy never got old. "Heeeelllooooo my only neighbors!" He shouted joyfully, hugging Gloria and then whispered to her mother, "Can I borrow your sweet daughter over there for a moment?" with a load of confidence and a never-fading smile on his face. Her mother chuckled, never understanding how he got this much energy, or where he got it from. Although, he is fun to have around the house and Gloria could use the company, so she nodded, smiling with agreement.
"Okay, then, I'll race ya!" Gloria giggled, nudging Hop on the shoulder and sped out of the house as fast as she could.
Hop and Gloria raced each other back to Hop's house, where Leon would be waiting for them. "Lee has something for us, mate!" He exclaimed, a little out of breath from their race. To her surprise, Hop had this look in his eye that convinced Gloria that she would love whatever him and his family had to offer for her. She didn't know that a single look of an eye could convince her of that, but, it had. She was more than eager to discover what Champion Leon had brought home for them. However, to nobody's surprise, Leon brought in the gift that the teenagers were already expecting from the start, as they were itching to get out of Postwick and explore the wide world together.
"....Pokemon!" Hop and Gloria squealed in unison, watching Leon with glee as he walked in Hop's room with three poke balls in his hands.
"Now, which will you choose?"

A/N : hiii! this is my first pokemon story since 2016 (currently unpublished) and i'm super nervous to see if it's going to flop- i really hope you enjoy it so far? lmk! :,) ily guys and stay safe during this confusing time in the world. i'm rooting for each and every one of you! comment which starter you think Gloria should choose and Hop will choose his starter based off of that! have an amazing week!
• QOTD: what starter did u pick in swsh?
• AOTD: scorbunny ♡
check out this amazing person(s)! :
-DEGASPARK
marshmallowsoap
RedRoseofVenus