𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐯𝐢. Tʜᴇ Pᴀɴ

╔═══════════════╗
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐯𝐢.
Tʜᴇ Pᴀɴ
╚═══════════════╝

GINNY'S NOT A FAN OF THE NATIVES, AND THAT'S THAT

GINNY'S NOT A FAN OF THE NATIVES, AND THAT'S THAT. They tied her, Peter, and Smee up — putting Smee beside her was not a good choice — and they tied Hook by his ankle upside down, and he's still unconscious. Ginny may not like the native girl, but she sure can pack a punch. If it was Smee and not Hook, Ginny would probably already be best friends with her.

The natives are chanting and dancing around Hook. Ginny observes her surroundings. There are warriors surrounding herself, Peter, and Smee. The woman from before has some kind of Pom-Pom headpiece on and is sitting on a mat beside an old man. From what Ginny has picked up, the old man is their chief and the woman's father.

Ginny leans down — as much as she can — and tries to get the woman's attention by whisper-shouting, "Hey! You! Girl from the forest!" The woman turns around, raising an eyebrow. "What are you gonna do to him?" Ginny tilts her chin forward, referring to Hook.

"He'll fight our best warrior for your freedom." She simply states, turning back around.

"What's your name?" Ginny tries to keep the woman's attention, "I'm Ginny." The woman turns back around and gives her a straight face.

"Tiger Lily." And with that, she turns to face Hook. Ginny turns her head to Peter, seeing that he's looking at her in curiosity. The girl only shrugs and watches as Hook gains back his consciousness.

"Smee! Smee!" Peter yells over the chants of the tribe.

"What?" Smee yells back.

"What are they singing about?" Peter asks. Ginny rolls her eyes, about to make a snarky comment but Smee replies first.

"Search me!" Smee simply responds and the twins ponder what, in fact, the tribe is singing about. They chant of "Pan" but the twins don't even know what Pan is.

Hook's lowered and Tiger Lily steps up to him. "What's going on? What's "Pan"?" Hook asks her, looking around at the natives.

"The Pan is our tribe's bravest warrior. It's our tradition to grant you the chance to win your freedom before we kill you and your friends." Tiger Lily grimly tells Hook.

"Kill? What do you mean, "kill"?" Hook asks, in an accusing tone.

"You're our sworn enemy. You're pirates." She spits out, accusing the quartet.

"We're not pirates. Hold on!" Hook attempts to clarify, but Tiger Lily only walks back to her father. "Those kids are the ones you've been waiting for." The man calls after her. "Listen!"

"Your chance to live, your fiercest fighter against ours. Our Pan." The princess tells the man from her new spot in the crowd. Hooks gaze turns to a man, with a feathered cape draped across his shoulders — what is it with these natives and feathers? — and a makeshift crown sitting on his head. "You win, you live. You lose..."

"I get the idea." Hook says.

"Huh?"

"Bye for now." Tiger Lily only spares him another glance and steps back to where she was originally.

Their Pan takes off his cape and crown and takes a machete, jumps on the trampoline under Hook, and cuts him loose of the rope. Hook falls on the trampoline with a thud. Pan jumps over to a pole and "human flag"s it while crossing his arms and staring Hook down.

Hook stands up and mocks the crowd that's mocking him, "Yeah, ha ha ha ha." He looks around at the crowd and holds his arms up, "So how do we know when to start?" Pan jumps down and Hook puts his fists up in a defensive manner. Pan kicks Hook back easily, and continues kicking him when he bounces off the trampoline. Finally, the Pan has enough with kicking Hook, and takes his legs and swings Hook's body in the air, hitting his head on the trampoline. Pan flings Hook in the air, flipping him, and directs him into the crowd, where he falls through some boosts of wood.

Ginny decides she's had enough. "Peter! We have to tell them about our mother."

Smee furrows his eyebrows together, "No one cares about your darn mother!" Seeing the look he gets from the twins, he quickly retracts, "Sorry, that was a bit harsh."

Pan hits Hook into the trampoline, and every time he bounces back, Pan hits him a different way, in a different place. Hook finally collapses onto the trampoline, and Pan jumps over him, kicking his head in the process.

Back on the platform, the twins have a simultaneous idea, and share a look. They both start trying to unite the threads in their leather cuffs that hold them to the wooden poles.

Hook, breathless, grabs a wooden board off another platform. He turns around and slaps Pan on the face with it, making the tribal chants cease. He flips it over in his hands and hits Pan in his back, too. Pan turns around, surprised. Savagely, Hook bares his teeth and shakes the board in his hands, resembling an ape.

Pan jumps to a higher platform, so Hook does the same. Just then, the twins both manage to almost untie the threads on their cuffs. Hook and Pan jump at each other at the same time, but the warrior punches Hook in the face, sending him flying onto the tent that the princess, chief, Ginny, Peter, and Smee are in.

He hangs over the edge, face to face with Tiger Lily. "Your Highness. I was hoping to get you alone." Hook flirts with his signature grin. Ginny sniggers from behind Tiger Lily and Hook quickly shoots her a dirty look. The princess sends a smile toward Hook, but the man is quickly dragged down by Pan.

Ginny finally frees herself of the cuffs, and angrily lunges forward at the Pan, landing on his back. She's quickly flipped over and her torso lands on the platform in front of Tiger Lily and her father. Ginny slides off, but the chief stands up and puts a foot on the cart of her necklace, holding it there. He picks it up, and Tiger Lily looks over the edge at Ginny, tilting her head at the young girl. Spears are immediately pointed at Ginny, and she puts her hands up.

"Stop! The little one. She wears the Pan." The chief calls out, stopping everyone.

"Shes's that girl that can move stuff with her mind. I've seen it. It's terrific." Hook weakly calls out before lying his head back down in the trampoline.

"He's got one too! We're the twins!" Ginny calls out pointing to Peter, so that not all the blame is on her. Everyone's gaze switches to the boy. Ginny stands up and brushes herself off. Peter — having already untied his cuffs — shakily steps forward. The chief takes his necklace — the Pan — in his hands and takes it off of Peter's neck.

Peter moves to stand beside Ginny as everyone bows to them, in a wave. Ginny hums and looks over to Peter, grinning a little. Maybe this wasn't so bad after all.

( word count! 1186 )