𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐯. Nᴇᴠᴇʀʙɪʀᴅs ᴀɴᴅ Nᴀᴛɪᴠᴇs

╔═══════════════╗
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐯.
Nᴇᴠᴇʀʙɪʀᴅs ᴀɴᴅ Nᴀᴛɪᴠᴇs
╚═══════════════╝

HOOK MANAGED TO START A FIRE, AND NOW THE QUARTET SITS AROUND IT

HOOK MANAGED TO START A FIRE, AND NOW THE QUARTET SITS AROUND IT. Everything around them is so calm, so serene that honestly no one's used to it. It stayed pretty silent until Peter starts conversing with his twin and her best friend.

Peter tilts his head to look at Hook, "Are you an orphan?" Ginny leans forward a bit to look at Peter past Hook, knowing how Hook gets about these things.

"My ma left me. That count?" Hook answers in a gruff tone. Ginny purses her lips and glances at the fire in front of them.

"Well, do you remember her?" Peter asks. Ginny opens her mouth to say something but Hook beat her to it.

"I'm not wasting tears missing someone who never missed me." Hook tells him.

Peter takes his hand out from under his chin to grasp Hook's shoulder, "Maybe she does." He tries to comfort the man. Hook leans his head opposite Peter's hand and makes a face, "How can you know?" Ginny can almost hear the comforting smile in his tone.

"Do you really believe our mum's here?" Ginny skeptically asks Peter.

"Well she left me a note saying..."

"Oh, well, if she left you a note, sure." Hook sarcastically cuts in. The two men and Ginny hear the same sound from earlier, but Peter's too caught up in Hook's comment that he doesn't hear it.

The man knows that Peter's going to continue his rant, so he covers the boy's mouth with his hand. "Just 'cause yours never loved you..." Peter's muffled voice can be heard.

"Stop." Ginny tells the boy.

"...doesn't mean my mum never loved me."

"Stop talking right now." Ginny finishes. He does, in fact, shut up and then he too can hear the sound. "Did you hear that?"

"It was a deafening nightmare shriek. How can anyone not have heard-" Smee's comment is cut off by shook shushing him. Peter takes Hook's hand off his mouth and the quartet's gaze follows a feather falling into a puddle. The four look down at it, and jump up when they see the reflection of another creature in the puddle.

The creature opens its beak and spreads its wings out, and the quartet runs from it, all tripping. They quickly get up to face the creature, and Ginny clarifies, "That's a Neverbird." They turn around to see another looking at them from between its legs. "And so is that."

Peter shifts behind Ginny as she grips Hook's arm and Smee cowers behind Hook. "What are we going to do?" Peter asks in a small voice.

Smee shakes Hook's arm, "We need a plan. We need a plan!" The Neverbird opens its beak and makes an odd sound loudly in front of them.

"RUN!" Hook yells. "We'll lose them in the mist! Go!" They run under a rock formation that one Neverbird tries to slide under, and the other lands on it.

"Run, Smee!" Hook shouts to the man running in the front of the line.

"Their faces are terrible, but their feathers are quite lovely." Smee observes.

"Shut up and run!" Ginny screams at him, shoving him forward. Okay, so Neverland does actually suck.

The three behind Smee see a Neverbird fly above them and its talons grab Smee's suspenders and lifts him into the air as he screams in terror. The mist around them gets thick and they can hardly see each other. Ginny sticks with Hook but they lose Peter. "Peter!" Ginny yells, searching for him.

"Ginny?" Peter squints, trying to find her. He knows that they're with one another, they stick together. He steps forward, "Is that you and Hook?"

The two run up behind him, putting their hands on their knees. "Peter." Hook acknowledges, panting.

"They've got Smee." The boy tells the two, figuring that they didn't see the man get taken.

"No," Hook stands up and turns around, putting his hat on, "Don't worry. Everything's gonna be alright!" A Neverbird flies up behind the trio, making them jump the opposite way. The three are on the ground, watching in terror as the Neverbird steps closer and closer. Suddenly, a staff crushes into its skull, killing it.

The trio looks up to see a figure push themself off the staff, swing off a branch, and land on their feet, beside Peter. "I knew we'd find the natives." It's a woman he's referring to. She has pink eyeshadow around her eyes with dark hair. She's wearing a feather end and beaded cropped top made of leather and a skirt with boots to go with it. She tilts her head at the boy as he speaks to Ginny and Hook. "We're saved."

She takes an axe out, swinging it and hitting the other Neverbird, sending Smee crashing down, "Please! I'm ready to go home now, please." She sticks her arm out again and catches the axe, keeping her eyes on Peter. The trio can see other natives coming out of the mist.

Hook shares a look with Ginny and looks at Peter, "Let me handle this." He winks at the twins, standing up to face the native girl standing in front of them, "Good fair lady. We come in peace." He holds his hand up, "And with treasure," Hook glances down at Peter, "May I proudly present to you-"

He's cut off by the woman punching him in the face. Maybe Ginny's not a fan of her anymore.

( word count: 916 )

( a/n : short af chapter, I know, but I'm guessing the next chapter's gonna be really long. Also, don't worry, Ginny won't hate our fashion icon queen for much longer. )