The Draconian Resistance

Start from the beginning

“Uh?”, Nina asked, “Adelind, is he supposed to be doing that?”

“He's just hungry”, Adelind replied in my defense, “the smell is driving me nuts too, leave him alone.”

Nina smirked, “at least Shadow doesn't drool.”

“Shut up Nina”, Adelind laughed, “or you and I are gonna fight.”

Nina smiled and shook her head. Ator was waiting for us at the mess hall with his entire torso swathed in bandages. He looked like the smell was driving him slightly insane.

“Dude?”, he asked, “were you drooling?”

“A little”, I replied, “I'm starving.”

“Hell I am too”, he replied.

“How did that heal up by the way?”

“It took sixty three straight hours of surgery”, Ator replied, “but Doctor Wilder said I'll be fine. James, the cook, has been cooking stuff for me with special spices to tenderize it because Wilder said the stake destroyed my stomach.”

“I don't know weather to call you a steel bar”, I said, “or just lucky.”

Ator shrugged, “I don't know either, let's go eat.”

We walked inside where Rolland and the rest of Raven met us. The mess hall, actually seemed like it was a restaurant, in fact that's what it was. There were all kinds of tables that contained various lone humans, dragons, entire families of either species, or combinations of the three. The place was built on the inside to resemble a wine cellar, it reminded me of that place my Dad had taken us too when he was called for service all those years ago.

“Well glad to see your still with us Major”, he smiled, “thought we'd lost ya at the villa.”

“Turns out I'm hard to kill”, I replied.

“We know”, A voice carried from behind me, “stubborn bastard I was ready to pull my horns out over you.”

I turned around to see Sozenn and Fireclaw with their mates and cubs. Sozenn had one tear running down his muzzle.

“You survived”, Fireclaw said, his eyes were read and his muzzle had a distinct shine to it, he'd been crying hard, “we walked in that Villa, the first thing we saw was you laying there. We thought you were done for.”

I smiled and hugged the both of them, “well I'm not.”

“Which means I owe you an ass beating”, Sozenn said.

“Join the party”, I laughed, “let's find seats.”

We were greeted by a female Anthro who led us back outside to a large covered area that over looked a large lake. The smell of the air and fresh water made me feel at peace.

“A waiter will be right back”, the Anthro said as she left.

“This place is nice”, Ace said.

“Tyro”, Sozenn said, “remember when I said back at base and then said it was an inside joke after you got angry?”

“This is what you met?”, I asked.

“I been a Resistance fighter since I was sixteen”, Sozenn said, “I followed my Dad's and my Mom's foot steps. I was referring to the MRE”s they feed us on base.”

I laughed, “you should have tasted them back in the 90's when I was human, good lord they were disgusting.”

“My Dad would know”, Fireclaw said, “he was in service back then. Your gonna love it here Tyro. The people here treat you as an equal, not a tool like the US did.”