"Nah I like it down here, fast pace just like I like it. It's gonna take some getting used to but... I'ma be good. You like my spot?" Smirking down at her as she looked around my apartment pretending to be unimpressed, she busted out laughing as I shoved her in her shoulder offended. "You can get ya shit and bounce shawty."

"Aww that was cute." Shifting as Diamonté pinched my cheeks hopping off the counter walking over to the couch taking a seat, I turned around grabbing a water bottle from the case on the counter turning back towards her freezing as she looked at me with a troubled look on her face. "Can... can I ask you something?"

Nodding my head taking a seat beside her, I pulled her feet on my lap as she looked down at her nails toying with them nervously

Nodding my head taking a seat beside her, I pulled her feet on my lap as she looked down at her nails toying with them nervously. Reaching over grabbing one of her hands as she looked up as me smiling, she took a deep breath looking up at me.

"It may be too soon I don't know but... today's my grandma's birthday and I'm having a little dinner for her tonight. It's just me and her but... I was wondering if you wanted to come?" Freezing as I processed what she was asking, I immediately sat up feeling as if her grandmother was in the room judging me at this very moment. "I really want yall to meet, she's the most important person to me and her opinion really matter to me Antonio."

It wasn't even the fact that it's her grandmother, it's the fact that her grandmother is the only family she has. Diamonté left Trinidad when she was 12 to come live with her grandmother, when her mother died as a victim to domestic violence... her grandmother was all she had left.

Her grandmother is the person she does it all for, and her grandmother doesn't want to see her with a hood nigga. Probably want her wit a lawyer or some shit.

"I'm uh hanging wit J later so I might not be able to, but I'ma send you wit a card for me tho."

"Toni I'm not tryna force you or nothing but she's get old baby, I really want yall to meet. You don't think you can pull up for alittle?" Scratching my neck as Diamonté stared over at me with hope in her eyes, I shook my head turning away from her as I stood up from the couch walking back over to the tv stand pieces.

"Maybe next time ma." Looking over my shoulder as Diamonté stood up from the couch walking back into the kitchen with an attitude plastered on her face, I took a deep breath continuing to work on the pieces. Feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket, I pulled it out looking down at a text from Jeremiah.

BRUDDA J ⚡️✊🏾

pullin up inna hour
leave ya glock as home nigga... we ain't on tht

you do you and ima do me nigga

...

"Ain't dat his whip right there?" Pointing towards the blue toyota parked in the condo complex Ella told J and I Arthur lived in, J nodded as he parked beside it as we hopped out walking towards the front door. "Nigga living in the nice ass crib not helping my sis wit shit, I'ma fuck his gorilla looking ass up on god."