How -Not To- Valentine: A novel by Sam Winchester (Sam x OC)

Valentines day, usually a shitty day for the Winchesters in general. Full of stories of dead lovers and whiskey in motel rooms. But this year it was a bit different. Sam actually had plans, sure Violet didn't know about them yet but Sam had plans. Including roses and fancy wine and kicking Dean out of the bunker for a few hours. Dean was leaving right now, joking about his little brother finally 'getting some'. Which earned a scoff and a shove from Sam, pushing Dean towards the impala before running off to where Violet was working in the library, books spread out on the table in front of her as she took notes in a journal and read intently. A pair of hipster-style glasses balanced on her nose, her glasses were adorable, although Dean had a habbit of staling them and chuckling when Violet glared at him with squinty-eyes. Sam grinned as he sat down across from her, opening his own stack of books.

"Hey nerd." He greeted as she shoved her glasses up and wrinkled her nose at her.

"Moose." She scoffed as she paged through a few more books, standing with her hands on the table as she read and wrote, intent on her case.

"Why don't we take some time off, I mean, this case isn't even very major, and besides it's a holiday." Sam pointed out.

"Screw valentines day. Total bull, it's happy people celebrating the fact that they're not single, I'd rather have a book." Violet said, making a face as she closed one book and took down a few more notes. 

"Wow, somone hates valentines day." Sam scoffed as he went back to his book. Maybe he shouldn't do anything... She seemed to opposed to it.

"Yeah, I don't see the point." She huffed as she brushed a strand of brown hair behind her ear.

"Why? I mean, have you ever had a date for valentines day?" Sam asked curiously. Looking up at the other nerd curiously.

"No. Why do you ask." Violet asked quietly. Her face bitter as she closed a few more books and set them aside. 

"Just curious." Sam shrugged nonchalantly. He sighed and stood up, walking around to Violets side and looking over her head to see what she had found.

"Anything good?" He asked, wishing he could just wrap his arms around her delicate waist right there. She shook her head silently. Shoving her glasses up again as she read. Sam sighed and rested a hand on her shoulder.

"Come on Vi, you have to take a break at some point." Sam grumbled as he pulled a reluctant Violet away from the books.

"Sam, come on. Why are you so determined about this." Violet groaned as she reluctantly followed him out of the library and down the stairs.

"Because, you're a workaholic. This is an intervention." Sam joked as they went downstairs.

"I am not." She huffed, crossing her arms over her -fairly flat- chest. Yeah she didn't have the body of a model. She considered herself pretty unattractive. With unremarkable brown hair, huge glasses, no hips -in her opinion anyways-, and a small chest. She never thought anyone like Sam would have his eyes on somone like her.

"You so are, you're worse than me." Sam laughed as he led Violet into the living area.

"No way Sammy. When was the last time you slept in your bed?" Violet asked to make a point.

"Okay, good point, but still." Sam chuckled. Looking through the movies that the three had collected. 

"Are we watching a movie?" Violet asked as she plopped down on the couch and curled up against the arm. Sam nodded as he looked over the racks thoughtfully.

"Let's watch The Conjuring." She suggested. She had only seen it with Dean, Charlie, and Kevin. In broad daylight. So she assumed it would be the same. Even though it was dark, and she was alone with Sam.