Soulmates (Destiel)

A/N This is ReAlLy ShOrT i'M sOrRy. D:

It's the end of the quarter and I have so much shit to do. So, y'all are gonna have to not kill me when I don't update for awhile. Sorry

Castiel Novak lived in a world where everyone was born with a timer that counted down to the second they met their soulmate. When you met them, your timer fell off, leaving their name printed on your wrist in black. It was normal to them. Yeah some people covered their timers, others obsessed over them. Castiel had never actually seen his. Neither had his best friend. But neither of them really cared. They both had bracelets covering the thin clock on their wrists. A slim strip of metal that had to be unlocked to be removed.

Castiel, being the school punk, had just gotten the thing engraved with some dragons and adjusted to it. He didn't give a damn about his timer. Whereas, Dean was a bit more twitchy about it. He hated the damn bracelet. He wanted to know. Everyone else did for gods sake! Cas always had to help Dean through the tough days.

They both knew where the keys to their bracelets were. Well. They knew that their parents had them somewhere. They wanted to keep the soulmate thing from messing with their kids lives. So they had given them the barricades to keep them from looking.

Deans mother and Castiels mother had been friends since highschool, had gotten pregnant near the same time, and had Cas and Dean in neighboring rooms within the same 36 hours. The two had been sleeping in the same crib within the first two days. They had been friends since birth. Literally. Being across the street from each other just made everything easier.

Yeah they may have been entirely opposite. The school punk and the sweet nerd. But they were closer than brothers, no screwing around with that 'no homo' bullshit for them. They just didn't bother, they were fine with hugging eachother, and getting a little snuggly when someone was upset. That was just how they worked. And they had just clicked, for their whole lives. They had always been like this. Castiel would take a bullet for Dean without thinking twice, and Dean would do the same for Cas.

Little did they know exactly why they clicked so well.

It was their eighteenth birthday (they just picked the first day out of the two, and considered it theirs) and Cas was waking to the sound of his phone going off. He groaned and rolled over to get the damn thing. Muscles rolling under the inked skin of his shoulders, silver bracelet glinting in the sunlight that filtered through the curtains. Fumbling around for his phone, he finally found it. Rolling back onto his back and holding the stupid thing to his ear.

"Dean, it's too damn early for this. Can't you sleep for like, another hour or something?" Cas grumbled. Teeth clicking against his snakebites as he rolled onto his side and squinted at the wall. Rubbing his eyes with his free hand and licking his dry lips slightly. He hadn't been able to sleep last night.

"No! It's been eighteen years Cas! You're not even a little curious?!" Dean asked into the phone. Way to awake and jittery for Castiels taste.

"Exactly, eighteen years, I can wait another hour for you to get some fuckin sleep weirdo." Cas groaned. Sticking his face in his pillow and making an annoyed noise when his hair tickled his eyelids. The disadvantages of an undercut.

"Too bad, I'm coming over, my mom already gave me both keys, dunno why she had yours but yeah. Just be somewhat awake when I get over there." Dean was obviously excited.

"Christ man, how much coffee have you had? You sound like you're about to explode." Cas huffed, his voice partially muffled from the pillow.

"I have no clue. A lot." That was the last Cas heard. Before the click of Dean hanging up. Cas tossed his phone aside, not even bothering to sit up as he shifted under the covers. Glad he had slept in some pants for once. Dean pulled shit like this a lot. After eighteen years, he still didn't understand that Cas was in no way a morning person. He needed sleep like he needed air in his lungs. But when Dean was excited. There was no reasoning with him.