If it were up to me to find housing, me and Kiki would be stuck with the rest of the freshman girls. But Kiki's pretty well off, so here I am. Do I feel like a mooch? Yup. Kiki assures me that I'm so small and quiet, it's like having her very own mouse. My nose crinkles. I meannn...I guess? All I know is that I'm going to work hard so I can repay her generosity someday. Yeah. I got a plan and I'm stickin' to it! I feel pumped

I finish getting ready in short order and decide on wearing the pink shoes even if they don't go with my blue jean skirt. I don't want to waste any more time and grab my mini backpack purse and head out the door.

It's really nice outside today. The leaves on the trees are starting to turn from summer greens to lemon yellows and bright crimsons. Peak season for color isn't here yet, but soon the entire block will be filled with all the gorgeous fall colors transforming the summer city into a harvest season I can't wait for. There's nothing better than seeing carved pumpkins on porches, hay bales with corn stalks decorating lamp posts and Indian corn adorning front doors.

The school was ahead of season already having decorated all the building entrances with arrangements of mums in colors of reds, yellows and purples. Autumn is definitely my favorite season. And it makes me thirsty. Starbucks should have their traditional fall drinks available by now. I definitely need some caffeine. Time to head over. Maybe I'll run into Kiki.

Adjusting my bag onto my back, I roll my eyes wondering exactly where she is. She never leaves me a note. So rude! I gotta remember to yell at her. Although, I can guess she's probably in the art room working on her most recent grim reaper creation. She had started it before we started college and brought it with her. It's hideous, and I hope someone buys it so it doesn't end up in our place. Not to be mean, but it scares the hell out of me.

Starbucks is a block away. It's a wonder how inner thought can make time seem to disappear along with one's surroundings. Popping myself out of my ruminations, I notice there's plenty of students out and about enjoying the weather today. There's also a good amount of businesses a few blocks from the school. It should be easy to find a job. Hopefully. 

Nearing the coffee shop, I hear my name being called. I'm not able to place the voice, forcing me to stop. Again I hear it and turn around to find the devil named Alex. He was the dude that exchanged numbers with Kiki. What could he possibly want with me?

Tucking an errant strand of hair behind my ear, I watch Alex approach. He's dressed much like Shy was the other day in a black leather jacket, t-shirt and snug black jeans disappearing into black riding boots. He's definitely an attractive specimen of man. Definitely intimidating. I'm going to let him speak first.

"Hey," he scratches the back of his neck.

"Hello," I whisper and hate myself for it. Awkward.

"I'm gonna be calling Kiki to ask her out on a date. I was kinda hoping you could tell me what she likes."

Interesting. I guess even tough guys can be vulnerable from time to time. Just the mention of her name has his eyes softening. It causes my eyebrow to perk up all on its own, undoubtedly giving me a suspicious expression. Kiki calls it my Maleficent face. I try not to do it, but it's pretty much automatic and betrays the personality I put out into the world which is a bit disingenuous. It's not that I'm shy or introverted on purpose. I'm just not as outgoing as my inner diva.

"Art," I reply softly. I hate myself sometimes. Why can't I just say ART, strong and confident? It's just a word!

"Art?"

"Yes. She's an artist."

"Nice. What kind?"

Despite the fact that this conversation is only taking place because Alex wants information, he's still trying to be polite to me. I'm not giving him much in return. This is so difficult. Why can't this sexy devil just fly away? I know he must have wings somewhere. Ugh! Just then, as if the heavens hear my plight, I hear my name yet again. Except this voice is gorgeous. Melodic. Kiki. Praise the lord!