“Wait, Alex told me you weren’t dating Amaira anymore. What happened there since obviously it wasn’t because of my hot piece of ass.” I asked, winking suggestively. He rolled his eyes and threw a pillow at me.

“She was too clingy and would always bounce around everywhere like a little kid.” He said, grimacing at the thought.

“Aww. Wassa matter? She not mature enough for big ‘ol Taylor?” I mocked.

“Shut up.” He said, trying to suppress his laughter. “Anyway, so Alex really called you a slut huh?” he asked in a serious tone. I just nodded and looked away. I still couldn’t believe that I almost fell for his douchebagery again.

“I’m gonna kill him.” Taylor said through clenched teeth.

“Idiot. You couldn’t kill a frog if it jumped in front of you and danced the can can.” I rolled my eyes.

He laughed again, “Frog dancing the can can?! What?” he said. We both laughed.

“So Mika, now that you’re back in the market. I have a suggestion.” He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. I threw him a disgusted look and punched him on the arm.

“Ow! God you hit like a man. Get your mind out of the gutter. I was just going to suggest you go for Nikolai.” He said, rubbing his arm. Nikolai? Why would he say that? We were just friends.

“Tay, come on. Like I’d want to date after the horrible shit that Alex just said. Besides, Nikolai has a girlfriend.” I said, getting  2 glasses and filling them up with sodas.

“No he doesn’t.” He shrugged, then his eyes went wide after realizing what he just said.

“What?”

“I mean...he doesn’t talk about her much.” He said, nervously. I just nodded and shrugged it off.

So that’s practically how our little confrontation went that night. I was relieved to say the least to find out that he really didn’t see me in a romantic way. My thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of my phone.

“What do you want?” I asked. It was Alex. I bet on my life he’s going to apologize.

“Mika, I just want to apologize about today. I was out of line. I’m sorry.” Told you.

“Go fuck yourself, Mayer.” I said, then hung up. I let out a frustrated sigh. How could I forget why I built up that wall in the first place? It was because of assholes like him. Just then my phone rang again, I rolled my eyes and answered it.

“Look Alex. I don’t wanna hear it. I’m a slut, you happy?” I exclaimed.

“Woah there, beautiful.” It wasn’t Alex.

“Nikolai? Oh, I’m sorry. I thought you were someone else.” I said, embarrassed at my outburst.

“Clearly.” He chuckled then continued. “Trouble in paradise?” he asked

“Inquisitive aren’t we. Well, long story short, he called me a slut I told him to fuck himself.” I said proudly. I was proud to tell that douche off after what he said to me. I heard Nikolai laugh from the other end and I swear my heart stopped for a second. Oh no, not this again.

“Fiery, I like. So anyway, I called to remind you about tomorrow. It’s been changed though to lunch instead of dinner. Wear a sundress, we’ll be dining outside. Plus you always look lovely in sundresses.” He said.

“When have you ever seen me in sundresses, handsome?” I asked curiously. I’ve never worn sundresses to work.

“I may have seen a couple of photos on the internet.” He admitted shyly. Aww, he’s just adorable. Only he could get away with being shy.