Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I took deep breath, calming myself down. Okay, this is it. God I’ve never been nervous when it comes to him.

I opened the door and saw Taylor standing there with a big grin on his face and a box of pizza in one hand.

“I come bearing food!” he said. Well, he’s in a jolly mood, that makes one of us. I put on a smile and ushered him inside, which he didn’t need since he just walked in and felt at home, but not before kissing me on both cheeks.

He clearly has feelings for you. I heard Alex’s voice ringing in my head again. I shook my head, this is going to be difficult.

We sat side by side with the pizza in front of us. It was painfully quiet while we munched on the pizza together. Finally, he decided to break it.

“Sooo...What’s the special occasion that had you inviting me here?” he asked, amused

“I just missed my best friend is all. We haven’t been hanging out much with work and all.” I pouted. He laughed and pinched my cheek.

“Ow! That hurt!” I said, glaring at him playfully and nudging his shoulder. He just chuckled and grabbed another slice of pizza. Okay, I really need to do this now.

I turned my head to face and he did the same. Our faces were inches apart and I could feel his breath on my face. I looked at his lips and looked back at him. Before I could say or do anything, he crashed his lips on mine. I was too shocked to respond! No, no, no! This is not happening.

His lips gently moved on mine, tempting me to kiss him back. I did just that and responded, kissing him back and tangling my hand in his curly browns. Oh god, what am I doing? This is my best friend! Do I have feelings for him? Don’t even question it, Mika! I chastised myself. I pushed him back gently and leaned away. We were both panting, trying to catch our breaths.

We sat there for what felt like hours just staring wide eyed at each other.

“Oh my gosh, Mika! I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to.” He pleaded. His eyes looked so lost and confused. I looked down and played with my thumbs.

“Tay...Do you...Like me?” I asked him softly. He pulled my chin up so I could meet his eyes. Oh God, here it comes. The whole ‘I’ve always been in love with you thing’. What have I gotten myself into?!

“Mika.” He began. “I don’t like you. I love you.” He calmly stated. How can he be so calm when he’s professing his feelings to someone he loves?! I’m here hyperventilating and he’s looking at me lovingly?!

“I love you but...I’m sorry. I love you like a sister.” He said apologetically, giving me a sympathetic smile. My eyes went wide. OH MY GOD!

I was at a loss for words so I just flung myself on him and hugged him so tight.

“TAYLOR! Fuck! You had me thinking you were in love with me or something! I was about to die right here!” I exclaimed, letting him go seeing that he had a hard time breathing. He laughed and I just glared at him. “What’s so funny?”

“You are! You actually thought I was in love with you?! That’s disgusting. Why would you think that?” he asked, playfully grimacing at the thought. Yep, we were platonic. THANK GOD!

“First off, the kiss? Second, Alex was going on and on about how you CLEARLY have feelings for me. Third is, Kisha said it was a possibility since you were always so protective of me.” I said, not breaking my glare.

He continued laughing, boisterously I might add, and only slowed down when he was tearing up. He flicked my forehead, and I scowled at him.

“You are really something, Mika.” He sighed, a wide grin still on his face. “I kissed you because it was in the heat of the moment. Alex is just insecure of me because, let’s face it, I’m hotter than he is, and you’re listening to Kisha?! That girl is clueless when it comes to feelings. Even more so than you.” He bantered on without stopping for air. When he finished we were both on the floor, laughing our asses off.