•Eight•

Kenzie's P.O.V

Double Update! Read chapter 7 first!!

Why? Why does he have to keep on bringing the same thing up over and over again? Doesn't he understand I still can't get over the fact that he is going into Military.

That going into the military life would be so dangerous. But who was I to say anything? It's his decision. I shouldn't interfere. But, gosh, I just wanted him to know that I was here for him no matter what. Why won't he come to me and talk to me right away? Why does he get to make the decision and leave me out until the last minute.

Weren't we a couple? Weren't we partners. We're supposed to tell each other everything and work most things out together. Some things I get we need to do alone but damn did I feel unwelcomed in a way.

I felt unwelcomed to him, to his thoughts, to his needs, to his wants. At this point we don't even need to be a couple if that's how things are going to roll.

I made it safely to the hotel room and quickly escorted myself to the bed. I sat there first looking at my reflection through the mirror across from me. And I cried. I cried looking at myself cry.

Johnny came in at some point. I couldn't hear him through my sobs. They are ugly. They're so loud. I mean I was ugly crying for a reason.

His arms were immediately wrapped around my shoulders, pulling me to use him as my shoulder to cry on.

"Listen, baby. I'm sorry. I am. I really truly am sorry. You're right. I should've talked to you about it first before making any finalized decisions. We are a team. We're a couple, we're supposed to talk everything, if not everything then at least most things out together. You're my world, honey. You mean so much to, I love you so much and I'm truly sorry. I'll work on my communication skills, I promise." He cradled my face and kissed each tear away and then kissed my forehead repeatedly.

"Salty," He commented, making me giggle a bit.

"There's my favorite sound in the world." He whispered as he kissed my closed smile.

I shook my head, "You're unbelievable, I hope you know that." 

"Mhmm, I figured I'd be. But I'm glad we talked this out, because I leave 3 weeks after summer starts for us."

I smiled through the pain.

"That's okay, we have a couple of months, we'll get through it. Together. And we could make the most of our time. We could spend as much time together as you'd like, alone, with friends, or with our families. Whatever it is, as long as we know we've got each other. Okay?" I gave him my pinky and we pinky promised.

Because right now, a pinky promise is way more powerful than a regular promise by words.

GUYS OMG! OKAY, I JUST POSTED CHAPTER 7 10 MINUTES AGO, AND STAYED WRITING THIS. I'VE NEVER WRITTEN 2 CHAPTERS BACK TO BACK LIKE THIS. I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE DOUBLE UPDATE THOUGH!

Xoxo, Zoey!❤