Home

After your shift ended, you decided to go back home. On your way there, you receive a text, but you don't pay attention. Probably just a Wattpad notification. 

When you get home, you unlock the door, ready for some sleep. That's when you hear it: a noise, coming from the attic. You grab your chain, then walk up the stairs. You push open the attic door, only to see your dad. 

You try to see what he's looking at. That's when you see it. He was looking at that weird Puppet animatronic he had built to protect you and Charlotte. 'Lotta good that thing did me,' said "Charlotte". Your dad turned around to face me, his eye puffy, like he had been crying. 

"I couldn't save her in time, (Y/N). Why? She was so young. At least I still have you. Right?" Your dad looks at you, waiting for a response.

-------Your POV (1st Person)-------

"Yeah, dad. Always." I gave him a reassuring smile. "Why don't you go back to your room, dad? I'll bring you some of your blueprints. Maybe we could finish that new fox."

He looked up at me and nodded. Wow, I thought. Here I am, acting like a parent for my pops. Who would've thought? 

I grabbed some of his blueprints from the stack next to the Puppet. I couldn't get over how creepy it looked. Its black, soulless eyes staring at who knows what? The creepy, unrealistic black smile. Its black and white striped limbs. I shook off the feeling and went to my dad's room.

It was covered from floor to ceiling with designs for robotic animals. I saw designs for a frog, a hippo, even an elephant. But what I found really interesting was the fox animatronic being developed in the corner. It looked like one of William's Funtime models, which made me just a tad uneasy. 

Its stomach area was blue, with a black bowtie. Its eyes were blue, with a bit of black eyeliner to excentuate its eye shape.

I took my eyes off of it, then went to talk to my dad. "How long until that fox is done?" I asked.

He looked up at me, looking better now that he was away from that Puppet. "I'm sending it out to the pizzeria tomorrow, along with the Marionette."

I was shocked by his decision to get rid of the Puppet. "Why the puppet?" I asked with a slightly offended tone.

Pops just looked at me with that stare of his, that one that says not to ask questions. I shot him a look, one that said something like 'Since when do I care about your looks?'

He sighed. I had broken him. I did a mental fist bump with the voice in my head, then my dad spoke. "The pizzeria is going to use it to give away prizes, while also making it into a memorial for...Charlotte."

I just stood there like an idiot, my jaw practically hitting the floor. I didn't know what to say, so I just nodded, and decided to get some rest before tonight's shift.