39 // dates & dresses

"Great." Calum groaned at the sight.

"A new couple in the group. Thank you guys. I'm very, very lonely here." He pointed to all four of us.

"Don't worry, buddy." Michael assured him patting him on the back.

"You'll find some girl soon. This camp is full of sluts anyways." Ashton said. He didn't even realize how harsh it sounded until the table got quiet and I scooted away a little.

"Baby, you know I didn't mean you." He grabbed my waist pulling me in and pressing a soft kiss to my cheek.

"I know, I know." I smiled.

"So!" Calum clapped.

"Formal dinner without a date. Awesome." Calum sighed.

"Didn't you ask that Jessie girl?" I asked.

"Funny you mentioned her. She already has a date, Luke." Calum smirked. Ashton just laughed.

"Great." I said smiling. "Maybe he'll learn to keep himself tied to one person." I said rolling my eyes while leaning forward to take a bite of salad.

"That kid doesn't think." Calum scoffed. "I kinda didn't wanna go anyways." Calum said flicking a crumb off the table.

"Cal, this is the only time we can do this." Hayley spoke.

"Yeah, man. We can all go together!" Michael said patting his back.

Hayley and I started laughing.

"What is it, Em?" Ashton asked raising his eyebrow.

"We don't have dates." I spoke smirking.

"What the hell are you on about?" Michael said grabbing his water bottle.

"Nobody asked us?" we spoke standing up with our trays.

We ran away from the giggling for absolutely no reason. It was times like these that I would miss when Summer came to an end.

The boys slowly walked out of the mess hall unamused.

"So, are you gonna ask us out to the dinner or what?" Hayley asked sticking up Michael's hair that was getting flat.

"Gonna make it special." Ashton smirked.

Hayley phone rang from her pocket.

"Fuck you, Clifford." Hayley said shoving her screen in my face.

"Will you go to the dinner with me?" I read off the screen laughing.

"Romantic, huh?" Michael raised his eyebrows to his girlfriend.

"Haha, yes. So romantic that you still don't exactly have a date yet. Nice try." Hayley said wrapping her arm around his torso.

--

We spent the rest of the afternoon at the lake. There weren't many people there besides us so it was pretty much perfect. The air was warm and lots of laughs were shared.

"What are you guys wearing to the dinner?" Ashton asked glaring at us.

"I know for a fact that your girlfriend is wearing a dress that might give you a boner. Wear lose pants to make it less noticeable." Hayley said laughing.

"I'll take that advice." Ashton said.

"Just a nice dressy-sun dress. Nothing too special." I smiled.

"Adorable. I love it already." he said giggling pulling me closer to press a kiss to my forehead.

"Mhmm." I hummed. Standing with his arms wrapped around me was like the best thing you could ever imagine. His warm embrace never failed to trail goosebumps up my arms and make my heart flutter."

"I love you." He leaned down pressing a kiss just behind my ear.

"And I love you." I smiled back. And I did. I really did.

>>>

{A/N HEEEY. SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO UPDATE! SCHOOL IS SHITTY. ANYWAYS, IDK GUYS. STORY ENDING SOON. :((

I don't really know about a sequel tbh. I don't really want to write one. I kinda wanted to start a new one. Comment suggestions?

[COMMENT HERE FOR A SEQUEL]

[COMMENT HERE FOR A NEW FANFIC]

ILY GUYS. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS LAME ASS FILLER CHAPTER.

-Hayley xx