42 // hickeys & overthinking

I woke up feeling sort of sore. I also woke up to an empty spot beside me. I frowned and sighed to see that Ashton had left but I guess it was understandable. I'd rather wake up alone than have a councillor come in and call my mom telling them I was found having sex on camp grounds.

The sunshine flowed extremely bright through the cheap curtains. I slowly gained energy and started to make my way out of bed when my arm came into contact with a folded piece of paper.

Em,

I really wish I could be there to greet you good morning but we'd be in deep shit if I was found in your cabin in the morning. I hope I made our night special and I also hope you're not too sore this morning. I'll see you at breakfast. xx

I love you.

-Ashton

My heart fluttered at the "I love you". It sounds awfully cheesy but his little things like that make my heart rate pick up. I loved him too.

I stood up fully to see I was once again wearing my panties and Ashton's muscle tank. It was kinda big on me so I covered up the sides so my boobs wouldn't awkwardly show.

Hayley was back in bed, arms and legs sprawled out. I would never sleep next to her in fear of waking up with a foot in my mouth. She always slept so spread out. She had there distinct purple marks scattered across her neck- most likely a make up present from Michael from squishing her foot on the dance floor.

I grabbed a red t-shirt, a black pair of 3 quarter length yoga pants and my bra and rushed to the sort of bathroom. It had an old mirror with a brownish rust running up the sides and a small sink that only gave out warm water if it was feeling generous. The shower was very tiny and the water pressure was not even generous for a dog but we made do. They also made the shower curtains match the ones in our main room which I found somewhat tacky.

My hair was knotted in several places as I looked up into the old mirror. The mascara I wore was basically smudged under my eyes and that made me shake my head and bury my head in my hands considering that's what I looked like under Ashton last night. I quickly grabbed my makeup remover and a cotton round pad to wipe the excess makeup off and then jumping into the shower. While I was washing myself I noticed patches of purple scattered across my body giving myself a mental note to try and cover my the hickeys my boyfriend gave me.

--

After my shower, Hayley was describing to me (in full and too much detail) about her night with Michael. It sort of just brought my back to my night with Ashton so I trailed off and didn't pay much focus to what she was saying

"Emma Samantha, you aren't even listening to me, bitch." She fake yelled as she threw a pillow at me laughing a bit.

"Sorry. Just thinking." I said quietly leaning up and playing with the bottom of my yoga pants.

"Sooo." she said casually standing up and striding over to my bed.

"What happened with you and lover boy last night." she said wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Oh piss of." I laughed pushing her shoulder.

"No, but seriously, no details? Come on." She crossed her legs in front of me.

As I opened my mouth, a loud knock of the door interrupted me. A sigh of relief escaped my mouth as I rushed to open it.

Ashton, Michael and Calum paraded in as if they owned the place.

"Morninggggg" Calum sung as he closed the door behind him.

"What's got you all chirpy?" I asked as Ashton wrapped his arms around me pulling me into a hug and kissing the top of my head.

"Warm weather, good friends, what's not to love?" He smiled.

"Where were you last night?" Hayley asked grabbing Michael's hand.

"Just went for a jog. Went to phone home and I got great news. My cousins from Australia are spending the rest of summer at my place" Calum beamed walking across the room to check his hair in the mirror.

"That's great." I smiled. "Breakfast?"

"Let's do it." Ashton spoke grabbing my hand and leading us.

--

"So..one week then?" Michael spoke taking a bite of his granola bar.

"Y-yeah." I whispered.

I was overthinking everything. We all lived relatively close and it couldn't be that difficult to make plans. I just knew we would probably drift apart or we wouldn't be able to see each other as often. I liked it how it was now and I never wanted it to change.

"Shit. You guys are like my best friends." Calum said weakly smiling from across the table. We haven't even talked about schools. I didn't wanna mention anything in case we happened to be attending different ones.

"Let's not think of this guys." Ashton said leaning onto my shoulder.

"Ashton's right." Hayley mumbled setting down her yogurt. She started chewing away at her nails. A bad habit she was never able to break.

"Babe, you bite your nails when you get nervous or upset. Stop please." Michael said pulling her hand away from her face wrapping his hand around her waist."

"What are we gonna do today?" I asked.

We've tried every activity this camp has offered and I found myself hating every thing that had adults supervising and organizing. I liked stuff like swimming and hiking because it was just something the five of us could enjoy without boundaries.

"We could go to canoes?" Michael looked up from his girlfriend.

"Nah. I nearly fell in last time." Ashton stated scratching the back of his head.

"Well, why don't we just go on a walk? I kinda just need time to talk while we have it." I piped up standing up with my tray. Everyone seemed to be finished with their food so we threw out our garbage and headed out.

--

"Watch where you're fucking going budd-" I looked up immediately not speaking.

Luke had a sad look on his face as he watched me stand up rubbing my head.

It wasn't his fault that I wasn't looking where I was going. I should've been watching. I was just mad so I didn't really fucking care who I spoke to or how.

"Asshole." I mumbled brushing on my shorts and quickly walked away.

Luke reached out for my wrist but Ashton quickly grabbed it from him.

"Don't touch her." he said rather loudly.

"I just wanted to apologize for being a dick. I should've just let Ashton be straight up about it and not keep secrets from you. I'm sorry for keeping the fact that I stole Ashton's girlfriend and I'm sorry to Ashton for doing that in the first place. I'm an idiot and I'm sorry." Luke said taking a step back. His eyes flickered from mine to Ashton's.

"Then you should've thought about that before. Good-bye Luke." I said grabbing my boyfriends hand and quickly strolling away.

//

A/N So regards to my last chapter, sorry some of you thought "this couple is too innocent or cute to be having sex" or "this is awkward sex" I've never written smut and I thought I made that clear??? But whatever. This chapter was sorta a filler but I really liked the writing in it tbh.

Also, you may have noticed my name is in the story because I was only writing it for my best friend in real life (who is named Emma so hey Emma hah) and I never really thought I'd
A) Get any reads
B) Gain followers on vine who would know me and read this
so there it is lmao. Hope you enjoyed the update xx

PS! KEEP VOTING AND COMMENTING (YOU GUYS COMMENT THINGS THAT MAKE ME SO HAPPY AND ILYSM!)