twenty four

"I don't fit in any of these!" I exclaimed, giving up on the dress that I had worn only a few months ago. It was stuck at my hips, the fabric not budging even an inch.

Christian walked into the closet, a tie hanging loosely around his white button up. I glared. Why is it that he can fit in everything and I can't? Why do girls have to be the ones who get pregnant.

"I'm fat." I muttered, kicking off the last dress I owned. "I'm fat and I'm ugly and—argh!"

I fell backwards on the little stool we had set up, crossing my arms over the fat forming on my torso. My boobs were growing too, and my thighs looked a little larger, but I didn't know if that was the baby or just the cravings actually.

Christian smiles, squatting down in front of me. "You are not fat, Princess. You just got my baby in you, so you're not allowed to be fat." He cupped my cheek, stroking it gently. "As for nothing fitting you, I'll see what some of the other women have. Or I'll just send my mom."

I nodded. "Yeah, send Nancy."

He laughed, kissing me quickly before standing up again. "Okay, I'll send her in. I'm gonna go look over a few more things and I'll see you out there?"

I nodded, reaching for a robe and placing it over my skin. As I tied it, I stood and walked to the bathroom, turning on the curling iron. At least I can do something while I wait.

He appeared in the doorway again, eyed me up and down, and with the most cocky grin said, "If you weren't already, I'd be getting you pregnant right now."

Before I could even sass him back, he disappeared, leaving me rolling my eyes. Secretly my stomach fluttered. At least I'm not too ugly. Yet.

Nancy knocked at the door a few moments later, carrying with her a few different dresses on her back.

"Alright, so, I found a few of mine, and I had Mario's sister give me a few from her maternity closet, and then I just snatched some things from my friends daughters." She laid them all out on the bed, smiling.

There was a few sundresses, but they'd probably run a little too short, especially with my stomach. Technically I'm sixteen weeks, and knowing it was a wolf baby, it was the size of what a human baby would be at about twenty weeks.

I picked up a red dress. It was a cross tie one, with white polka dots and an almost floor length skirt. It had a slight opening, so enough to make me feel pretty while also being pregnant and a Luna.

"Hopefully it'll fit me," I whispered, going to the closet and slipping it on quickly. Nancy helped me with the zipper on the back as I tied the front. I slipped on some brown wedges and a small golden necklace.

"See, you're glowing Lena." She said, beaming. I smiled back. This was her grandchild too, her first one especially. Christian was her only child and therefore she only got one baby to raise. As much as I will raise my baby, she'll play a huge part in it too.

But what if I don't do it right? She did, Christian is the strongest alpha and a hell of a man, even with his flaws. She knew what she was doing all the years ago, and even now she still does.

How the hell am I going to do this?

"Nancy, I'm scared." I whispered. Instantly her smile turned into a frown. She wrapped her arms around me, pulling me down to the bed.

"What's wrong?"

I couldn't cry, not after I already did my makeup at least. But I couldn't help the tears that brimmed my eyelids. "I don't know how to be a mother! My own mom died when I was little? How can anyone expect me to do this?"

She sighed. I could only lean into my surrogate mother as sniffle, shaking from the confusion and pain and terror of it all.

"Nobody knows how to be a mother, Alena. Not even me. When I had Chris, I cried for days panicking. Not only was he my first, but he was a future alpha. That's even more responsibility on us!" She pulled me away, forcing me to look at her. "But all I can tell you is you're not doing this alone. You'll figure out things as the moment comes, and you'll have Christian to help you too. And me and Mario and your brothers, of course. We're all here to help you through this. It's an adventure, sweetheart, not a death sentence."

Babies. Children. My children. Adventures. It's just a new step, it's another milestone for Chris and I. It's just the next threat we have to fight. No more rogues, no more bad guys. Just kids.

I nodded, blinking away the tears and wiping away the few that fell. "Yeah. Yeah an adventure." I sighed, looking at my hands. "I'm gonna be a mom."

Nancy smiled. "The best mom out there, and the only one for this little angel." She pointed to my torso. "You're the only one he's gonna get, and you're going to do a damn good job with him."

I laughed, nodding again. Nancy never cursed, even if it was just a small one. The fact that she just did was amusing.

"Now come on, Christian is waiting. And so is the entire pack. They wanna meet their new alpha too."

She pulled me to my feet, dragging me out of my bedroom and out into the pack house. I haven't really came out of my room much in the past week. I know everyone else knows what happened, which is probably why nobody has bugged me yet. But today, I have to make an appearance, and according to Christian, be introduced back to the pack. Along with my pregnancy.

I headed straight for the office, but as the smell of ribs hit my nose, my feet raced to the kitchen instead. I had the intent of meeting Christian and addressing the pack and all the Luna duties or whatever, but right now: food.

"Lena!" I heard someone yell just as I reached the doors to the kitchen. Christian stood at the end of the hall, now heading my way. I groaned, turning to him instead of the food.

"We're supposed to be out there, baby." He whispered, grabbing my hand. Groaning even louder, I let him drag me away from the kitchen. I want food. Hearing my thoughts and my stomach, he looked back, smirking. "You can eat in like ten minutes baby."

"Easy for you to say." I muttered, sulking out to the glass doors that lead to the small platform. "You don't have a whole person inside you stealing half your nutrients."

He smiled. Silver eyes sparkled in the light through the door, and a small dimple shone through the stubble on his face. I swear, if he would let me eat, I would be the happiest girl alive; but he won't, so I'll just have to wait until after to kiss him.

"Let's go baby, just a few minutes and I'll bring you a mountain of ribs."

Suddenly I peeked up, feeling myself grow anticipated at the thought of all that food. My mouth watered, and quickly I grabbed his hand and turned to the doors.

"Well, what are we waiting for?"