seven

"Again." Chris' rough voice echoed through the crowd of wolves. He was weaving his way in and out of different pairs, me trailing along helplessly. We had been out here for hours, watching people fight each other again and again until I was sure I could mimic their every move.

"So when am I going to actually train?" I asked, striding up to his side. He latched his arms in front of his chest and glanced back down at me.

"I'm the only one who will train you. Right now, however, I have to watch them." He jerked his head out to the others.

 Why is it that only he can train me? Why can't Mario or someone do it?

You idiot. Evangeline's annoying voice hissed inside my head. He doesn't want anyone to touch us. That's what Tobias said. I could only imagine the dreamy smile and the lost eyes she had. Gross.

She's not wrong. Christian remarked inside my head. God I hate it when he randomly does that!

Well I can't wait around forever.

Beside me, Christian only kept his gaze to his pack. For a moment, it felt like my argument hadn't even gone through his ears. It was frustrating to say the least! How does he expect me to train when half the day he's off training others and the other half we're finishing our duties? Time isn't exactly on our side.

"That's enough for the day!" Christian barked. The ominous "oofs" and "ahs" died suddenly. All had frozen at his words, before bowing their heads and retreating. Most went back to the pack house, while some went to their individual houses.

"How about now?" He asked, turning to face me. Once everyone had cleared the field within a fifty meter radius, he grabbed my hand and lead me over to the center. Nobody was here to watch. The only people around were us.

"Okay," he instructed, letting go. "Give me your starting position."

Determined to prove I did had a decent training, I moved into my stance. Left foot forward, both fists clenched and in front of my face. Chris circled me.

His face was blank, his eyes still reading what I was doing. I was hard to tell whether or not it was to his liking, or if I looked like a total pathetic wolf. Whatever his thoughts, he sure kept them hidden.

"Alright." Came his final response. He seemed happy enough. Slowly. He made his way in front of me, taking the same stance I held. He seemed to be a lot scarier when he held his fists up, however. I could have sworn on the moon goddess we held the same pose, but he was five times more frightening. If I were that bastard of a rogue, I'd be a little scared.

Christian looked me in the eye. "Now, come at me. Best you got, right here, right now."

Raising my chin, I took in one deep breath. How the hell will I ever beat Christian Bade? "Alright, alpha."

I stood still for a few seconds, wondering what the hell he wouldn't suspect. The obvious move was to attack head on, to try swinging right at his face. The second most obvious move was to dodge the initial frontal attack and go right for the side. Whichever I chose, he'd watch my eye movements and know exactly what I'd do.

Instead, I examined his body. He had one leg spread out farther than the other, leaving a hole that I could possibly slide through. On the other hand, he was only six feet tall. I could easily jump him and attack from behind.

Certain of a final plan, I adjusted my footing. One wrong move and it's over. I can't let him win. I have to.

Very quickly, and sudden, I ran. I sprinted the ten feet that separated us, and ran straight for Christian. Instantly he had started running too, but not in the same way I did. In one swift movement I had reached him, grabbed his shoulders, and pushed myself over his entire figure. My feet landed firmly on the ground, almost four or five feet away from the now flabbergasted alpha.

Chris had spun a second later, standing open legged just like I had wanted. Instantly I ran again, only this time ducking down and sliding down the grass. I fit perfectly between his legs, once again confusing him on position. I used the few seconds of his surprise to my advantage, jumping up to my feet. Quickly I reached for his neck, wrapping both arms around it and pulling. I managed to bring him down, pushing him flat down on the grass.

I thought that would have been the end, that I had won. I guess alphas don't take being beaten by their lunas very easily though. Christian jumped right back up, swinging his leg out towards mine. Barely half a second later, I had fallen on the ground. However, very much like him, I wasn't about to lose either.

I pushed my body up with my arms, jumping to my feet and quickly swinging a fist towards his head. Christian ducked, instead sidestepping me and disappearing just to my side. Quickly, without even thinking I jumped backwards, narrowly missing yet another blow. God he's good.

Christian turned to face me again, circling me like a cheetah waiting to pounce. I eyed his move, and more importantly where he looked. He seemed to mask his plans very well, but I thought I could catch him glancing repeatedly towards my right side.

At that moment, Chris lunged. Expecting a blow to my right side, I blocked. Only, the right side of my body wasn't his target after all. Instead I felt him grab my left shoulder, pulling my body down to the hard earth. The grass felt cold against my neck, and my body was even more bitter at the fact that I had just lost.

Christian let go of my shoulder. He was on one knee, looking down at me like I was some little kid. Oh my god it was frustrating! How did I not see that coming! Why would I believe he would attack the right side?

"Not bad, Princess." He chuckled, smirking down at me. I scowled and sat up, pushing him away from me.

"You tricked me." Slowly I stood back up, brushing off the dirt from my leggings. "You kept staring at my right, it was obvious-"

"That I tricked you." He cut me off, stepping towards me. Christian picked a leaf out of my hair before continuing. "I looked right because I knew you'd think that I'd go right. By looking one way, you gave me the opportunity to charge the other." Smirking, he reached out and rubbed the side of my arm. "So yes, Lena. I tricked you and you fell for it."

I hate that he was right! Why does he have to be so damn good at fighting! Why couldn't I have been trained like him?

I rolled my eyes. "Next time, I'll win."

Christian laughed, pushing my hair from my face and pulling it up. He was looking down at me. "Is that so, luna?" He whispered. My scowl slowly slipped into a smirk. I grabbed his shirt.

"I believe so, alpha."

Christian let a tiny scoff out before pulling my face up towards his. I felt the ever familiar sparks that never seemed to feel the same. Always, I was caught off guard with how good they felt, how they made me feel. All because of the guy standing right in front of me.

I kissed Christian, pressing my body onto his. For once, I decided to take control, kissing him harder and more hungrier than I've ever done. I could feel him laugh against my lips, biting the bottom once he realized what I was doing. Maybe being the dominant one for once isn't so bad.