The Sorting

~Randi~

It was finally my twin brother, Ron, and I turn to walk through the doors of Hogwarts. I was so excited to be able finally be in the same house as the rest of my family! As for Ron, well, he's nervous as hell. We are now on the boats with our new friend, Harry Potter, on our way towards the school. As we get into the school most of the students, including me, were awe-struck from how incredible the school looks. When Professor McGonagall walked away from us, we then heard someone say, "So! The rumors are true... Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." Everyone started to mumble and talk to each other. I looked over to meet the most beautiful storm grey eyes I have ever seen in my life. I then just hid behind my brother and Harry, hiding my face in Ron's robes. The boy started talking again and the only thing I heard was, "... and I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." Ron snickered at his name. "Think my names funny don't you," Draco said to my brother, "Don't have to ask what yours is. Red hair, and hand me down robes. You must a Weasley." It was silent for a while and when I popped my head over the side of my brother, I met Draco's eyes on me. "And who do we have here?" he said, smirking at me. I squeaked and hid behind Ron again. "You leave my sister alone Malfoy," Ron growled at him. Before Draco said anything else, I heard someone clear their throat. It was Professor McGonagall. "We're ready for you," she said and we started following her into the Great Hall.

In there was 4 very long tables that were filled with students. It was amazing in there! I grabbed Ron's hand as we made our way to the front of the Hall. "Now when I call your name, please come up and sit here," Professor McGonagall said, holding a long piece of parchment in her hands and started calling peoples' names. "Hermione Granger," she said, and the hat yelled "Gryffindor!" The third table burst into cheers. I turned as she was walking towards the Gryffindor table and sat next to my brother, George. "Draco Malfoy," she said. I looked over and saw him walking up. He sat down and the Sorting Hat barely touched his head when it said, "Slytherin!" The Slytherin table erupted with cheers and he went and sat down. Then it was Harry and Ron's turn... they both got into Gryffindor. Everyone had been sorted and I was the last one. "And, lastly, Miss Randal Weasley," she said. I gulped and walked up, and sat down. I looked at the Gryffindor table, looking at the reassurance on my brothers' faces. I smiled a nervous smile at them and the Hat was put on my head. "Agh! Another Weasley," it said, as I jumped when it talked, "hmmm, strange.. You seem to have more potential than any of your other siblings. But there's something different about you. You're a sneaky little one aren't you? Always pulling pranks on your family and seem to get away with it. Hmmm.... I know exactly where to put you." I held my breath, waiting for it to say Gryffindor.... but it that's not what the hat said. "SLYTHERIN!" I was in utter shock. I, Randi Weasley, was just sorted into Slytherin. When the hat was removed from my head, I stood up and everything started to spin. Then everything went black.