Chapter 38

My heart goes out to those infected with Corona Virus. May Allah exterminate this awful disease and may we all walk free from this deadly virus. May the Gentle souls of the dead rest in peace. Amen.

This chapter is dedicated to aamalaminualiyu
Chapter 38: Rewrite the stars

Omar's POV

'What' and 'If.'

Just two words having no effect on life. But brought together as 'What if.' Then questions that follows would probably put me on a hospital bed. But, her attitude right now is enough to make me go insane. Which I'm pretty sure it's slowly happening.

It's funny how I didn't want to think about it, unfortunately, I don't control my mind.

I couldn't stop it from thinking, 'What if she hadn't remembered the rules?'

What if I hadn't led her to the pool?

What if I hadn't kissed her?

But the greatest was what if I hadn't messed up?

Life would have been a better place without 'what ifs'

Glancing across the bedroom to the end of the room where Aisha sat quietly. Face; pale, much more paler than Edward Cullen's. Her eyes almost paper white as she stares at nowhere in particular.

The same rules made to guide us are the same rules that are finding a way to tear us apart. How I wished we hadn't made it. Again, another question trying to drive me crazy.

What if we hadn't created those rules?

Reaching for her hand, she pulls away at the touch of my finger. Hugging her knees to her chest.

"I want to be alone."

Sighing, I walk to the door, look back at her before walking out.

Aisha's POV

My head pounds loudly, shutting every sound out. The only sound left are the high pitched screams slowly making me lose my mind. Hours ago, if someone had told me that once upon a time, I was in love with Omar, I would have probably laughed it off. But it changed with my memories, memories of emotions I wouldn't have said I felt towards Omar, not in my wildest dreams.

Memories don't lie, the past does. It lied about Omar not being able to change and it certainly did lie about us following the rules, not to talk of my confusing emotions. Do I love him? Am I willing to follow the rules?

I pick my phone, feeling the tingling cold touch of my screen. Reminding me how long it has been since the last time I used my phone.

I call Aliyah who picks immediately.

"Are you at home?" I ask. My trembling voice giving away all hopes of me pretending to be fine. She seems to understand my condition as she voices, "You want to come over let's talk or want me to come to yours?"

"No I'm going to yours."

I need to leave this room fast before my unwanted thoughts completely devours me. I take off my clothes that is soaked from the pool we had got in with Omar. Drenching the Bedsheet and covers, I'm not surprised if it ends up soaking the foam. It's not like I dried the cloth.

I get into the shower and exhale loudly as the hot water hits my skin, caressing me as if to comfort me of the misery I'm in.

Rubbing my temples, I groan in annoyance and hit my fist against the the smooth strong tiles. The pain that vibrates through my body is not enough to quench the burning pain in my heart. Why can't I remember anything other than the rules? No matter how many times I try, I can only remember the silhouette of a man; of Omar walking out on me. His back turned against me as he walked out of my life for a break after the strong affection we felt. The same day Yousuf returned was the day we parted with Omar for what we thought –mostly his decision– was the best if we wanted to maintain the rules.