Chapter 27

Dedicated to AestheticEmpress

Enjoy this chapter. The longest chapter I've ever written.
Chapter 27- Harassing my ego.

Omar's POV
"Let's play a game. You in?" She asks me wearily. Evident that she still has flu yet the sparks in her eyes shone brightly.

"Yeah, I'm in."

She pulls out her phone and places it against her ear.

"Can you come over...call him...thanks, bye." She cuts the call and walks off to the kitchen. I follow suit and find her scanning the fridge.

What's going on?" I ask. She smiles from the corner of her lips. "You'll see." She simply says and leaves.

I bring out a can of soda and take a sip, grabbing another can, I leave the kitchen but stop on my tracks. Why do I have two? For Aisha? If she wants one I'm sure she knows the way. I drop it on the slab and go to our room while drinking mine.

My eyes widen at the sight of her. My eyes wander around, accessing the gorgeous view of her, not missing a single part. Her see-through white gown falling loosely on her body stopping just below her knees as the huge sweater she wore earlier falls to the floor. I can clearly see the curves hidden underneath the black lacy bra and undershorts. Her tanned bright skin that looked pale suddenly glows. Her long jet black hair sweeps past her shoulders cascading down to her waist, shinning beautifully.

Unconsciously, a lump rests in my throat and I swallow hard. I'm aware of the strange powerful feeling that suddenly rises in me. A feeling I'm not familiar with, a feeling that is quite complicating and scary.

Our eyes clash and at that moment, my heart rumples in shock and confusion. I didn't know when my hand clasped the door knob and my legs moved on their own, shutting the door as I walked out. My eyes involuntarily close, thinking of the last minute when her full pink lips parted slowly in surprise.

What the hell am I doing thinking of her? I go the living room and gulp down my soda in haste. Just then, she walks down in a grey sweater and black pants. She wraps a black Veil round her head, tucking in the strands of hair that escaped. She walks past me, her eyes not meeting mine which obviously means she is avoiding eye contact. I had imagined her exploding in anger but her face held no such thing.

We sit on different couches, our eyes fixed on the TV. I didn't know if she is truly concentrating on the movie but for sure, I'm not. The image in the room keeps replaying in my mind and each time I remembered how she looked at me, I find myself staring at her.

"How many times do I have to remind you that I'm your husband. I thought you've gotten use to the fact. I don't know why you're silent and all, it's not like you're even sexy." I lie, trying to compose myself and not look worse than she does.

She doesn't look at me and I feel a bit annoyed because I expected a comeback. "Five more months and I'm done here." She sighs. "Five more months."

At that moment, awareness hits me. We would have to pretend for five more months and that's it, we are done. It feels good but a little part of me isn't sure if I want it to end. She had been there for me and right now, she still is. It doesn't matter if we fight a lot, I have strangly grown to like it, used to the little skirmish. But five months is enough for me to get her out my system all together. And I would finally be back to the old me but that too, I'm not sure I want.

The creaking of the door tears me from my thoughts and two figures walk in. Smiling and chattering, in Aliyah's hand is an empty green glass bottle. In Adam's is a pack of Mountain Dew, swinging along side with a white box in the other.