I Think I Saw Him

Ember's POV

Third person's POV

A few days had passed since the girls met each other at Tiffany Connors' party. They have become fast friends and they stick together like glue. All the girls realized that they go to the same school and have a couple of classes together. Guess they were so caught up in their own worlds that they never noticed each other until the night of the party.

After school, the girls met in front of the school and they were wondering what they should do. Addie broke the silence and said, "Hey my family's bakery isn't busy around this time. Why don't we go there? Free cookies and muffins on me."

They agreed and headed for the bakery. Daisy and Ember texted their parents to let them know where they will be. Sapphire did the same by texting April.

*Time skip to walking towards the bakery*

The girls were sitting at a table eating muffins and chocolate chip cookies, while they were doing their homework. The girls were talking amongst themselves, when the news came on the TV it showed a report about the Foot Clan that robbed a shipping container filled with restricted chemicals down at the docks earlier today. "What do you guys think was so important about those chemicals that the Foot robbed it in broad daylight?" Daisy asked as she took a bite out of her poppy seed muffin.

They others just shrugged their shoulders. No one really didn't care about the Foot. All the girls except Ember lived in safe neighborhoods, but they were always told growing up to never let your guard down.

Another hour or two passed and Mr. Swan saw that it was getting dark outside, and that it was starting to rain. "Alright girls it's getting late. I should go ahead and take you three home before your parents start to worry." Mr. Swan said as the girls all nodded their heads and started to pack up their school books and other stuff.

"Um, Actually Mr. Swan, my dad just texted me and he is still at work. The police station that he works at is only a few blocks away from here. I can just walk." Justin Swan was hesitant to let Ember walk by herself, but she assured him that she'll be fine, since her dad, who is a police officer, taught her a few moves in self-defense. He nodded and let her go as he took Sapphire and Daisy home. He just hopes that he didn't make a big mistake by letting a young teenage girl, walk the streets of New York alone at night.

Ember's POV

As I watched Mr. Swan take Daisy and Sapphire home I said my goodbye to Addie, her mom, and Mikayla. I exited the bakery and felt the rain drop down onto my head. I quickly pulled my hood up to prevent the rain from making my hair wetter.

Ever since I was little I have always hated the rain. My parents tried to give me swimming lessons, but I was always scared to go into the water. So, I never learned how to swim. I know it's weird, but that's just the way I am. I was only 2 blocks away from my dad's work, when I saw two guys who were probably around my age, maybe a few years older, joking around and drinking beer. They were wasted. I just walked around them when they saw me. 

I could hear them following me so, I just started to pick up the pace and started to walk faster towards my dad's police station. But luck was not on my side tonight. Two more drunks appeared in front of me and I knew I couldn't defend myself against all of them. I decided to take a short cut to the police station by going through an alley. 

I ran as fast as I could, but as I turned towards the way that lead to my dad's work, I saw a fence in front of me. I ran up to it and tossed my bag over it. I than quickly started to climb it, but I felt one of those creeps grab my foot and pulled me down. Two of them grabbed my arms, one of them was licking and sucking on my neck, and the other two were starting to take my clothes off.

"HELP! SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!" I yelled hoping that someone would hear me. One of the guys in front of me was about to slap me, when two things happened at the same time. First, my amulet began to glow again. It hasn't glowed since the party. And two; I heard a voice say, "Let her go!" That's when we all saw a figure jump down from the roof top and shoved all the drunks of me. I was watching from a safe distance as I saw the large figure fighting those punks. When they finally ran away, I turned my attention back towards my savior. I have never seen anyone this large before. I slowly got up from the ground and I couldn't help but stare at this guy that just saved me. I couldn't see his face, but I saw his weapons and they looked familiar. Then it hit me like a baseball bat to the head. I recognized those weapons, they are a Japanese weapon that ninjas use. They are called sais. Then I remember who had them.

Ember's flashback: "My name's Ember. What's your name?" Little seven-year-old Ember asked the turtle boy in front of her. "My name's Raphael. But you can call me Raph." "What are those things in your belt?" Little Ember asked looking at Raphael's sharp fork things. "These are called sais. My sensei gave them to me. They are weapons that ninjas use. That's what I'm training to be when I get older." End Flashback

I gasped when I came out of my flashback. I then realized that the figure was leaving. I watched him as he leaped up the fire escape and up to the roof. He stopped in his tracks and looked down at me one last time. I removed my hood from my head, and stared up at my mystery hero. Then I watched as he disappeared into the night.

I quickly climbed the fence and grabbed my bag as soon as I was on the other side. As I entered my dad's work, I saw my dad come up to me with a look of worry on his face.

"Ember Amelia Garcia where have you been? Justin called me and told me you were walking here. I was starting to get worried. Wait, what's that on your neck? Honey, did someone hurt you?"

I calmly started to tell my dad what happened. When I told dad that I saw some guy save me, he asked if I saw his face. I lied and said no, because I knew who it was that saved me, and I couldn't tell my dad.

I knew who it was that saved me. I haven't seen him in eight years. Now that I know that he's still out there, I wonder if I'll see him again. My ninja turtle boy. Raphael.