The Life of Sapphire O'Neil

<The outfit up top is what she's wearing in this chapter>

Sapphire's POV

Dream-I'm hiding in the sewers by a manhole cover that lead to the surface. I'm hiding below because some boys were teasing me and starting to chase after me with sticks. I ran away and I needed to hide. So here I am. A little seven-year-old girl, crying her eyes out and scared to go back up. But then I hear someone, a voice that sounded like a little boy's. "Hey, are you okay?" I looked up and to my right I see a shadowy figure of a boy approach me. I get up off the ground and look at the boy staring at me. "Why are you crying? Did someone hurt you?" He asked.

"Why do you care? You're probably friends with those boys who chased me with sticks. Are you here to make fun of my hair too?" He shook his head telling me he wasn't. "No, I would never make fun of someone I don't know. And I actually think your hair is pretty, because blue is my favorite color." I blushed a little at this boy's comment. "Well, if you aren't with them, then who are you?"

He was quiet when I asked him who he was. Then I saw his feet slowly going backwards. Was he going to run away? "No please don't leave. Please let me see you." The little boy hesitated, but he slowly came into the light and what I saw was beyond anything I could've imagined. He was a walking little turtle boy wearing dirty blue overalls that had some weird symbol on it. He also was wearing a blue headband. I slowly walked up to him. I grabbed his left hand that had only three fingers and I placed it with my left hand. His hand was a little bit bigger than mine. I looked into his beautiful ocean blue eyes and they had looks of confusion and shyness. 

"It's okay. I'm not scared of you. And I won't tell anybody about you. My name is Sapphire. What's your name?" He slowly opened his mouth, "My name is-"

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

My eyes shot opened and I saw that I was in my room waking up in my bed thanks to my alarm clock. "Oh, man. Another dream about that turtle boy. Ugh, what is wrong with me why can't I stop dreaming about this?" I have been having the same dream about that turtle boy for years now. I would always go back to where we meet when I was still little, but when my aunt found out about those boys at my school chasing me with sticks, my aunt always made sure I had a ride home and I was never allowed to wonder the streets alone. Since that day, I never saw him again. 

Sometimes I think that maybe he was just a figment of my imagination. I was only seven. 

I got up from my bed and started to get ready for school. I grabbed my clothes and headed for the bathroom to take a shower. After about 10 minutes in the shower and another 15 minutes of doing my hair and finishing my makeup, I grabbed my school bag and books, and headed to the kitchen.

I see my older sister April in the kitchen fixing my lunch. "Hey good morning lil sis. Breakfast is already on the table I'm just finishing making your lunch." I thanked April for making my lunch as I sat at the kitchen table, and helped myself to some scrambled eggs, a piece of toast with strawberry jam and a small glass of OJ.

Once I'm done eating April hands me my lunch. "Thanks, big sis. Have a good day at work today, and tell Vern hi for me. I'll see you after my club meeting." We hugged and I quickly head out the door while saying goodbye to our roommate Taylor, and headed for the bus stop.

I wait on the corner where the school bus has always picked me up. I see it coming and I get ready for my day of torture. The bus comes to a stop and I get on once the doors open. Almost all eyes are on me. Some kids don't bother with me, but the snobby popular kids stare at me and start to tease me.

"Hey look it's Blueberry Muffin. Where's Strawberry Shortcake?" All the jocks and cheerleaders laugh at the head cheerleader's awful name that somebody gave me in grade school. I just ignore them and sit in the front of the bus. I hate my school. I wish I didn't go here. Sometimes I wish I was home-schooled. Sometimes I wish I had a friend here. I wish I could find that turtle boy and be with him. He was the first to not make fun of my hair. I wish I could see him again.

But sometimes I still think that it was my imagination, since I never saw him again after that.

Third person's POV 

As Sapphire gets off the bus and heads towards her school, all she could think about was that turtle boy she met when she was seven. When she closes her eyes, she sees his beautiful piercing ocean blue eyes. Sapphire wants nothing more than to see him again. Apart of her thinks that it was all just a dream, but she feels like deep down in her heart, that he's real, and that he's still out there somewhere. She hopes that she'll see him again, and that they can become friends.

<The next three chapters will b the lives of Ember, Daisy and Addie. Enjoy!>

Little Leonardo: