Chapter 10

Natalie's POV

I woke up to sunshine on my face. That was the first sleep filled night I've had since we got here. I sat up a little and looked around the room to see no sign of Matt. I heard a soft knock on the door. "Come in!" I said. The door slowly opened, allowing Derek to step inside and shut the door behind him. "Morning!" I smiled. He smiled in return. "Where's Matt and Allie?" I asked. "Uh Allie took Matt out to lunch with Stiles." He explained. He looked nervous. "You okay?" I asked. "Do you remember anything from last night?" He asked. I smiled and patted the bed in front of me. He sat on the edge of the bed in front of me and gave me a questioning look. "I remember everything!" I said. He still looked a little confused. "Why aren't you scared of me? I mean I turned into a huge wolf right before your eyes!" He said. I sighed. "I don't know. I felt drawn to you!" I explained. He sighed. "And with the nightmares I've been having, I wasn't really surprised." I added. "What do you mean?" He asked. I shrugged. "Well you, Cora, Malia, Scott, Kira, Liam, and Ryder have all been in the nightmares. The other night you and Malia were in it and completely transformed, but there was another black wolf that looked exactly like you!" I explained. "Did the wolf's eyes glow?" He asked. I nodded. "What color?" He asked. "Red." I said. He froze. "What is it?" I asked. "I think the other wolf in your dream was my mother." He said. "Why would your mother be in my dream?" I asked. He shrugged. "When she howled I felt more drawn to you but I also felt this agonizing pain and my vision changed to the point where everything had a reddish glow to it." I said. He went wide eyed. "Natalie, do you know if you're supernatural?" He asked. I shook my head. "I don't know. I've had these dreams and migraines all of my life, but lately it's been worse!" I explained. "That's because Beacon Hills is literally a beacon for supernatural creatures! I believe you are supernatural and I'll help you with it we all will!" He reassured. "Does Allie know?" I asked. He nodded. "She's known all her life!" He smiled. "And what about what Peter said, about us being mates?" I asked. He sighed. "The only way for us to find mates is if we have evolved." He said. "Have you evolved?" I asked. He nodded. "That's why I can turn into a full wolf, otherwise us werewolves look like regular werewolves." He explained. "What do regular werewolves look like?" I asked. "Are you sure you want to see?" He asked. I nodded. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. I watched as his face contorted. Fangs grew from his mouth. His fingernails extended to claws. His eyebrows furrowed and his nose scrunched up to make him look angry. His ears grew to a point and hair grew from his already scruffy cheeks. I reached out and carefully touched his face making his eyes open, allowing me to see his eyes glowing blue. They soon faded and I felt his face changing beneath my hand and within seconds he was back to normal. We stared at each other as I still had a hand on his cheek. He reached up and touched my cheek and before I knew it, our lips connected, sending sparks through both of our bodies.