Chapter 5

Derek's POV

Even though it was a full moon, I always felt calm when I run. I ran through the dark woods, weaving around trees and bushes. I came to a stop in front of my old house and just stared at it. Suddenly I was thrown across the meadow into a tree. I took in a sharp breath as I felt a couple of my ribs breaking. I looked up to see a dark figure walking towards me. I slowly tried to get to my feet but once I got on my hands and knees, I was kicked in the side and slammed into the tree. I yelped in pain when the figure started slashing my body with their claws. The figure lifted me up by my neck and slammed me against the tree. I was finally able to see the figure more clearly and my eyes widened at the familiar face. "Stiles?" I gasped. I grew terrified as his eyes began to glow a crimson red. "Stiles!" I shouted. He growled, bearing his teeth. I heard a loud roar which made Stiles drop me. I sat there and watched as two more figures appeared on either side of Stiles. I growled when I realized the two new figures were Kate and Deucalion. "Oh Derek, you didn't think that I'd leave without getting what I want did you?" Deucalion asked. I growled again. "What took you so long?" I spat. He looked at Stiles and Kate. "Well I needed reinforcements! Especially after hearing the she wolf might be here!" He smirked. I growled and my eyes began to glow blue as I was gaining a little bit of my strength back. Deucalion nodded to Kate before he and Stiles turned to leave. "Stiles!" I yelled again, but was immediately cut off when Kate shocked me with this rod that she used to use when she was a hunter. She continued to shock me until I blacked out.

Allie's POV

We sat at the counter as we finished eating when Natalie grabbed her head. "Hey Nat? You alright?" I asked. She nodded. "Just a migraine! I'm gonna go up to bed." She said as she got up to leave. "A migraine?" Stiles asked once she was gone. "She gets them between once and twice a month." Matt explained. "How long has she been getting migraines?" Stiles asked. "She's had them all her life." Matt said. Stiles nodded, understanding. "Hey I should head home and make sure my dad didn't eat crap for dinner!" He smiled. I chuckled. "Be right back! I'm going to walk Stiles out." I told Matt. He nodded and Stiles and I got up to exit the loft.

We used the staircase instead of the elevator, because I knew Stiles wanted to talk and I knew exactly what he was going to say first. "Before you say anything, no Natalie is not a werewolf!" I said. His jaw dropped. "How did you know I was going to ask that?" He asked. "Because I could tell when you were asking Matt questions." I said. "How do we know she's not?" He asked. I sighed. "Because she would tell me." I explained. "Unless she doesn't even know she's a werewolf!" Stiles said. I rolled my eyes. "Don't you think Derek or Cora or Malia or even Scott would be able to tell if she was?" I asked. He shrugged. "I guess." He said as we stepped out of the building. Suddenly I saw Stiles being yanked away and thrown against the wall, held up by his neck. I looked at the figure to see a shirtless, bloody Derek gripping Stiles' throat. Stiles' face turned red. "Derek!" I shouted as I tried to pry him away from Stiles. "Derek! Stop! What are you doing?" I yelled. Derek growled. "He's a werewolf! He's working with Deucalion and Kate! He attacked me in the woods!" He snarled. I looked at Stiles seeing his face turning blue. "Derek it couldn't have been Stiles! He's been here with me the whole time! Please let him go!" I shouted. He let Stiles drop to the ground. I knelt beside Stiles. He coughed and tried to catch his breath. I stood up and angrily walked to Derek.

"Derek! What was that about?" I growled. He turned to me angrily. "Stiles attacked me by my old house! He's an alpha Allie! These wounds take longer to heal and scratches like this could turn you! Until I figure this out, you aren't allowed to see Stiles!" He growled. "That's not fair! Stiles didn't do anything!" I yelled, before turning to walk back to Stiles. I knelt in front of him, grabbing his face and pulling it to mine for a long, heated kiss. I pulled away, but kept our foreheads touching. "I love you!" I cried, before standing and walking inside, shoving Derek's shoulder along the way. I went straight to my room and locked the door. I laid on my bed and practically cried myself to sleep. I couldn't believe Derek was accusing Stiles of attacking him.