Best Friends (By Default) -Part 2

ابدأ من البداية

They walked across the checkered floor and made it to the rows of vinyl records. "This is the perfect opportunity to broaden your musical horizon."

"B-But, I don't have a record player."

"I don't actually mean to buy these. I'm just trying to give suggestions." Izuku looked around at the records and began to browse. He was about to pick up a record with the band name "Smash Mou-"

*Smack*

Kyouka hit his hand immediately. "No!"

"Wh-"

"Just, no!"

Izuku raised his hands in surrender, and went back to looking. He pointed to a "Nickelback" album an-

*Smack*

"Oh my God, Dude! Jus-...I-...I'll just send you links or something, because you're terrible at this."

Izuku rubbed the back of his head and blushed, "S-Sorry."

"Just c'mon." As Kyouka took the two towards the back of the store, Izuku really hoped his ignorance on music wouldn't ruin this. But, he wasn't going to get his hopes up anytime soon. Kyouka stopped them in front of all of the instruments. She began looking over them all in thought, picking up different ones and examining them closely. Kyouka picked up a keytar, handing it to a perplexed Izuku to hold. Kyouka hummed in thought as she looked him over, but then shook her head. "Nah."

"Uh...Wh-What are you doing?" Izuku asked, handing Kyouka the instrument back.

Kyouka shrugged as she placed the keytar back on its stand, "Well, I've been thinking. Now that we're best friends by default and all, we need an excuse to hang out more."

"...We need excuses to do that?"

"Do you wanna see more of me or not?"

"Continue."

Kyouka chuckled, crossing her arms as she continued to look up and down at the wall of different instruments, "I'm kidding. What I meant was, I think we should have things that are our things. Like, specific things and hobbies that we do together. I was wondering if I could teach you how to play something, because clearly you need help with this stuff if you're going to be around me more often. I'm just not particularly sure which instrument fits you."

Izuku pursed his lips and nodded, "I've never actually thought about playing an instrument before. But, I can't say I'm not interested."

"Cool. Now we just need to figure out which instrument suits you the best and that I can teach you."

"Which ones do you know how to play?"

"Yes."

"I-...Okay, but seriously."

Kyouka blew a raspberry, raising her fingers up to count, "Uhmm, let's see...Guitar, bass, bass guitar, piano, drums, flute, trumpet, saxophone, keytar, clarinet, accordion, bagpipes and no don't ask, harmonica, bo- "

Izuku waved his hands out, signaling Kyouka to stop, "Okay! Is there anything you DON'T play?"

"Hmm...Piccolo?"

"I-"

"Oh, wait. No, I know how to play that."

Izuku squinted in confusion, "Really?"

"Eh, I was like seven and I immediately jumped on it when I realized it was the same name as the DBZ character."

"Oh, you watch anime, too?"

Kyouka froze, "Uh...Y-Yeah. I mean, not much. Mostly when I was a kid."

She shifted her eyes away for a moment. It wasn't something that was really all that embarrassing. It was just a closeted interest...Kind of like most of her interests. Sharing about the things she loved wasn't something she really did. Why would anyone care? Who would be interested in what she liked? She wasn't ashamed of what she liked or anything. There was just this lock and key around her heart, keeping everything for herself.