VII. Showing Love

Start from the beginning

"Mine's Florian," he says making me giggle.

"Florian?" I ask and he nods. 

"How princely. Oh, that's almost worse,"

"I mean, you know, It's better than Bleh or however you say it," he teases making me gasp and playfully slap his arm. As we got off the bridge he tells me to close my eyes.

"Watch your foot. Now, step up. There you go," he says helping me over what I assume to be a rock. I feel him pull me in front of him as he waits for me to be at the perfect spot.

"You ready?" nodding excitedly I wait for him to tell me when to open my eyes.

"Open," he whispers, I let out a gasp at how cute and amazing everything looked. He had set up a picnic for us. I look up to him in amazement just to see how close our faces were, looking back to the picnic I smile as he tells me to go ahead, walking down to the picnic I smile as I spin around to look at the amazing decor.

"Is this you're first time?" I hear him ask behind me. 

"Mm... I haven't really dated anyone before... I was too focused on my shop," I say still looking at the waters and how beautiful it was. He lets out a laugh causing me to smile.

"I meant being here, at the forest?" he chuckles making me turn red.

"Is it bad?" I turn to face him.

"No, it's just I thought you have already been here, but noticing how amazed you were when we first got here I took that as a no," he says making me giggle.

"Well just know you can take me anywhere since I haven't really been anywhere except home, and the shop... and maybe some restaurants," We both laugh before Ben turns serious.

"You know, I've done all the talking. Your turn. I really don't know that much about you. Tell me something," He says bringing his face closer and making me sigh since I didn't know what to say.

"Well, I'm 16. uh I own a shoe shop. And I've only ever lived in one place," I tell him

"Me, too. That... well except owning a shoe shop, we have stuff in common already," he says making me laugh.

"No. Trust me, we do not," I say thinking about how uninteresting I am and how he actually has a good and fun life, except for me. I have a boring little life, go to school, go to shop, go to sleep, repeat and try to have some fun.

"And now you're gonna be king," I say breaking the silence I smile at him and notice how down he got when I said that.

"Yeah," he says before looking down.

"What?" I ask concerned.

"A crown doesn't make you a king," he says.

"Well, it kind of does," I say making him smile.

"No, it... We both got the poster parents for goodness. But we're not automatically like them. We get to choose who we're gonna be," He explains making me frown a bit.

"And right now, I can look into your eyes and I can tell who you are, you don't wanna own that shop, you just own it because your mother made you grow up in that store and where you grew up with the habit of being obsessed and having all the responsibility on you, one slip up here, you're back at Cinderellasbrug," I look at him in shock and think about what he said and notice how true it is. I mean I do love shoes, but that's because my mom kept telling me it would make her proud and work out perfect ever after in the end, I look up and see him smile at me.