Chapter 5

A week after Chris's little visit Lin came back from guiding her pack and I caught her up with what had happened when we strolled down town to a cafe.
"He what?" She started laughing."What an idiot!"
We both started laughing and I sipped on my smoothie.
"Yeah I know." I took a bite out of a muffin I ordered.
" And he threw you a kiss huh?" She nudged me with an elbow and winked at me.
"Yeah? So?" I looked at her confused. Chris has always been flirtatious, it's who he is. So that incident really didn't faze me.
"Noting..." Lin smiled as she sipped her smoothie. "Ok, in going to say it because it's killing me!" She was like a child bouncing on her seat. "I think Chris has a thing for you!"
"Stop, you're attracting attention." I looked around and she really was. Everyone was slowly looking at us because of her enthusiasm and energy.
"So what? Let them stare! I don't care!" Her smile was widely spread across her face. She thrived for romance, and that meant anything that involved romance; Even if it wasn't towards her.
"Well, I care. Calm down or I'm leaving." I whisper to her, harsher than I meant.
"Fine." She stopped spinning and her smile vanished as she spun her smoothie with her straw.
"Anyways, isn't that always the way Chris acts? He's just like that, I'm not an exception."
Lin perked up a little at the fact that I was continuing the topic.
"Yeah, but he doesn't flirt as much with the group." She wore a smug smile.
"That's because Sam has a boyfriend already and you pretend to hate him." I drank the rest of my smoothie knowing that I won the argument. I got up and threw away my cup and ate the rest of my muffin. Lin got up and followed my actions leading us out the door.
"Yeah, but I have good reasons for that." She insisted on defending the topic.
"Is one of those reasons giving mixed signals? Or confusing the heck out of the boy?" I observed my surroundings, making sure we didn't get hit by a car since we were close to the street. plus it would be hard to explain why a car didn't kill or hurt us if we got hit.
"No." Lin's voice was low and fragile now. I knew then that I triggered something and hurt her. I turned and looked at her as she looked at the ground.
"Lin...I'm sorry. It's just..." I was trying to find the words when Lin's anger erupted.
"No! You always have to be right! Don't you?!" She snorted as she nudged me aside and stormed off. I stood on the side walk by myself and watch her run off until he vanished. I walked alone; shrugged it off, I knew her well enough that after her tantrum was over that she'd call me to apologize. This was a weekly thing so I was used to it. Its all a part if having a werewolf friend. Werewolf's have nasty short tempers.