CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

Hey guys! So this chapter is going to be super long so I hope you enjoy!!

OMNISCENT

Mayson walked into her house to the smell of her mom, Noelle, cooking what smelled like pasta and her dad watching the news channel. She tried to quickly make her way into the kitchen but was stopped by her father, Roman.

"Where were you?" Roman questioned. He didn't like that his daughter didn't answer his text message.

"I was with a friend, like I told you guys," Mayson answered. She did have a slight attitude but it was just because she was stressed out.

"With who, Mayson? You can't be going places and not telling me where. What if something would of happened to you?" He panicked.

"Dad, I can take care of myself. Nothing bad is going to happen," Mayson said, entering the kitchen.

"And how do I know that Mayson? Who were you with?" Her dad asked following her into the kitchen. He wasn't going to let the situation go until he felt he got a good enough answer.

For Mayson, however, she was getting frustrated with him. She felt as if he was being overbearing. "Like I said, I was with a friend working on a project. It's not even a big deal so I don't get why you're being like this," she said with attitude laced in her voice.

"Excuse me, who do you think you're talking to young lady?! I'm not one of your little friends from school, I'm your dad. You will not talk to me that way," he projected. Mayson rolled her eyes which only made me father more upset. "Go to your room, I don't want to see you right now."

Mayson happily followed his directions. She made her way up the wooden staircase. Walking past her parent's room , she stepped in and placed the note she wrote on her father's bedside table and then went into her room.

Walking into her room, she took the time to look at the many photos from her childhood that decorated her grey walls. She studied her mother's Italian-German features that the two of them have always shared. Her eyes wandered to the large smiles that the three of them held. She missed the old days.

Looking at her phone she saw that the time read 4:27 pm and decided to start on some homework before dinner was ready. She pulled out her notebook and got to work until her mom called her down to dinner.

After about 20 minutes, Mayson's mom yelled up the stairs for her to come eat. Once everyone was seated at the dinner table, her father blessed the food and they all started placing what they wanted on their plates. Noelle had made cacio e pepe, which is basically spaghetti in a Romano cheese sauce with black pepper, salmon, and a caprese salad.

Everyone sat in complete silence. All that could be heard was the sound of the forks meeting the plates. Everyone could feel that their was some type of tension in the air.

For Roman, he didn't know what was going on with his daughter. He didn't like the attitude she had. He knew it wasn't the typical teenager attitude either. He wanted her to be the perfect child he raised her to be. But little did he know, he was only pushing her away.

As for Noelle, she knew everything. She knew her daughter went to parties. She knew her daughter was living the life of two different people. She knew Mayson at home was different than Mayson at school and she hated that her daughter had to be like that.