CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

LATER THAT NIGHT2:36 am

LATER THAT NIGHT
2:36 am

I woke up and looked at the grey walls that surrounded the room and remembered everything that happened just a few hours ago. I felt around for Evelyn and came to the conclusion that she left and was most likely in Gelo's room since the two were together the whole night. I tried to close my eyes and go back to sleep but it just wasn't working. I removed the covers off my body and walked to the door, carefully opening it. I turned on the flash on my phone, traveling down the hallway and the stairs until I reached the kitchen. I looked up and jumped when I saw a black figure leaning against the counter. I raised my light up and calmed down once I saw that it was just LaMelo.

"What are you doing down here?" He asked me. His voice was soft but his face was hard. It was almost as if he was trying to scare me but didn't want to at the same time.

"I couldn't sleep. Evelyn left and I'm pretty sure she's in Gelo's room so I just came to get some water then see if I can go back to sleep," I explained. I felt inferior towards him like I was a scared little kid and he was the older bully, only I got the feeling that he wouldn't hurt me.

LaMelo walked to the refrigerator and opened it, reaching for a water bottle that was soon handed to me.

"Thank you," I told him while twisting the plastic cap off. I took a drink from the bottle feeling it flow throughout my body. He nodded his head then looked at me from the corner of his eyes.

"Come here," he said. I placed my water bottle on the counter and walked and stood in front of him. He softly grabbed my hands and held them in his, rubbing his thumb over my knuckles. "I'm really sorry about last night. Had I known something would have been going down, I would of stayed away from you."

He looked me in the eyes the whole time he talked, letting me know that he truly felt sorry. "It's fine, LaMelo. I'm just a little shaken up but I'll be okay," I said. He nodded his head in understanding. "But if you don't mind me asking, what was that all about? Why were people shooting at you? At us? Why did you have a gun? I'm so confused on everything, it all happened so fast."

Melo dropped one of me hands and took a deep breath before leading me upstairs into his room. I sat on the bed while he closed the door then walked over to me.

"Look, I can't give you too much detail. The people that showed up firing off shots first was Dante and his boys. They're part of Vice Lords and Dante's dad runs that gang." My eyes widened. I didn't even know who this Dante guy was, but looking at LaMelo I wouldn't think he was involved in this kind of stuff. "Me and my family run the Kings gang but my dad's the leader. Dante's crew and my crew are rivals so that's why they were sending shots off at us. I didn't mean to get you involved in this type of shit but them niggas gonna be watchin' you so please be careful alright?"