CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

( leave comments as you read :) lol sorry for not updating imma try to write more )

After church, I went home and changed into a white tank top and a black overalls but instead of it being shorts it was a skirt

After church, I went home and changed into a white tank top and a black overalls but instead of it being shorts it was a skirt. I tied my silky, black hair into a bun and grabbed my purse, keys, and sunglasses before telling my dad that I was leaving. Once my phone was connected to the car's bluetooth system, I put Melo's address in my GPS and followed the directions that were given.

After about 20 minutes, I pulled up to Melo's house which was absolutely gorgeous. I didn't really take notice of the outside the last time I was here considering that it was dark outside and I was shaken up because of the events that took place.

Melo's house was huge and painted a yellowy brown on the outside. There were some plants that decorated the exterior but not many. I slowly drove up the driveway, trying to figure out where I was supposed to park until I ultimately called Melo. The phone rang a couple times before his deep voice was coming through the phone.

"Hey beautiful," he said. I could feel my cheeks heating up at his compliment while a smile formed on my face.

"Hey! So I'm here but I don't know where I should park." I explained to him. I heard some shuffling in the background before he spoke again.

"Alright. Where are you at right now, I'm on my way," he told me. I let him know that I was about halfway up the driveway from the street and he said "okay" before hanging up.

After a couple minutes I saw his talk figure walking towards my parked car. Melo came over to my side, opening the door and helping me out of the car. He then walked me to the other side so I could get in. Melo got into the driver's seat and started my car so he could park it in the correct spot. He parked my car next to a black Lambo then came and opened my side of the car, taking my hand in his and locking my car doors.

He led me inside and my mouth dropped at the sight of the interior of his home. It was painted a light shade of brown and a chandelier hung gracefully from the ceiling of the entrance. There was a big family picture to the left of him and everyone that he loved.

I was taken out of my thoughts by the sound of a very loud voice coming from the right side of the house.

"MELO IS THAT YOU?" the voice yelled. Melo grabbed my hand and led me in the direction of the voice. We walked into a beautifully decorated kitchen that looked like it was straight out of a magazine and I saw a tall light skin man leaning on the counter and eating cherries with a beautiful white woman standing next to him, accepting a cherry every time the man fed her one.

"Hey dad, hey Tina," Melo answered. "This is Mayson, Mayson this is my dad, Lavar, and my mom, Tina."

I walked over and stuck my hand out, "It's nice to meet you both." Instead of being met with a hand, I was pulled into a hug by Melo's mom.