CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

"Good morning princess," my dad said as I walked into the kitchen to get breakfast

"Good morning princess," my dad said as I walked into the kitchen to get breakfast. He came over, giving me a hug and a loving kiss on my forehead.

"Good morning dad, good morning mom," I answered back. "Is it okay if I spend the night at Evelyn's tonight."

"Yeah honey that seems fine. Make sure your home by 11, we have some important things to do at the church tomorrow before the service on Sunday," my mom said. My parents are super religious and basically forced that on me but I didn't really care. I liked having some kind of connection with God and having something in my life that gave me hope.

I sat down at the dining room table and did a small prayer before I started to eat the breakfast my mom prepared. My mom was your typical 42-year-old woman. She had jet black hair that helped sculpt her perfectly shaped face and a nice body that complimented her 5'5" figure. My mom was beautiful honestly and she was also one of the kindest people I have ever met in my life. She mainly stayed at home but often helps my dad at the church. As for my dad, he was the type of dad that hounded me 24/7 about everything ranging from homework to my whereabouts. My dad was 6'2" and was built but not super built. He was the stricter one but he claimed that he always knew what was best for me.

My dad looked at my mom in disbelief. "Till 11? Don't you think that's a little late honey? Mayson, dear, be home by 8. We have a lot to do tomorrow."

"Dad, please. I'll be ready for everything we have to do tomorrow. Please let me stay till 11?" I pleaded. My dad was never one to let me go out and enjoy my Fridays with my friends. He always wanted me to stay home reading over different scriptures or helping the children at Sunday School. It's not that I had a problem with it, but I wanted to have a regular teenage life that I somewhat had a say in.

"Fine. If you're not walking through that door at 11 o'clock, your privilege of hanging out with your friends will be taken away," he said sternly. I nodded my head and grabbed my keys before I headed out the door with a slight eye roll.

Once I parked my car, I quickly texted my best friend Evelyn to come to my car.

me
girlie come to my car plss

evyyy✨💛
im coming rn unlock the doors

I unlocked the door and made sure no one was around before I stripped away my white long sleeve and pleated black skirt and leggings replacing them with a blue cropped sweater and ripped black jeans. I took my black hair out of my bun and let my long hair flow down my back.

"Hey, hun! Still hiding your real self from your parents," she asked. Evelyn knew that at home I was Mayson Andrews, the church girl, but at school, I was just Mayson, the fun person that everyone loved to be around. She's been around me since we were both little considering that she is my cousin. She had short, shoulder length hair and a slim figure. She was 5'7" but she managed to make being tall looks so good. My dad and her dad had a falling out so I didn't have to worry them telling my parents about my alter ego.