Chapter Nine

Lucy's POV

It's been a couple months since that mission with Erza and Gray and word seems to have gotten around to our friends that Natsu can not love anymore because I told him no. Why am I getting turned into the bad guy here? I try to ignore the gossip and strange looks I'm getting. It's really hard now that I basically had all of a dragon's senses but not their magic. I wonder if I could learn it?

Smell was by far the worst, but also the fastest thing to get used to. I looked over at Natsu, we had tried that pheromone shampoo out last week and honestly it was great. Not overpowering at all but a really fast turn on if I let myself get lost in the smell of him. And it lasted for well over a week, because the smell was still very much there. Natsu still smells amazing and we have taken showers nearly every day, without it. Since then just because of the missions we have gone on.

"Hey Luce! Let's go on this one next!" Natsu called out across the guild hall to me while waving a flier in the air.

I smile and without even looking at it agree before turning to Mira, "Can I have a shake to go please?"

"Not so fast! Natsu, you and Lucy have been going on a different mission everyday sometimes more than one! I'm cutting you both off for one week." Master interrupted taking the flier from Natsu as he was running by.

"Why?" Natsu and I were confused. We tried not to take too many and we always asked if anyone else wanted it, if there was someone else at the board before we took it because we knew we were taking a lot. We even started taking our time and walked back from most of them anymore.

"You can't overwork yourselves like this. What happens if one of you got hurt because you were too tired?" He asked us. I frowned thinking back, we really haven't been hurt at all since we mated. I wonder?

"Come on Gramps! We are perfectly fine. You can check yourself if you like." Natsu huffed.

Master smiled really big at that, "Well in that case, Wendy! Can you give these two a thorough check up please?"

"Yes Master!" Wendy smiled happily. I wonder if she just wanted to check on us and didn't know how to ask.

"We get to go so long as we pass right?" Natsu asked, still sulking.

"Yeah yeah, sure." Master answered.

I grabbed Wendy and pulled her to the infirmary, "Me first!" I call out like I beat him at a game. He stuck his tongue out at me as I went into the room with Wendy. I couldn't help all overhearing all the chuckles and seeing the looks of guildhall's were giving us; pity. Why do they look like they feel sorry for us? Wait, I bet it's Mira. She must have something cooked up, after all when doesn't she?

When Wendy was almost done, I smiled at her and said, "You know you only had to ask. You didn't have to get the Master involved." She froze up and timidly looked up at me. I smile at her, "It's okay."

She relaxed and smiled back, finishing the exam rather quickly before letting me go. When I left the room, Natsu took my place and quickly got his done with as well.

When he joined me at the bar and Wendy came skipping out towards Master, "Clean bill of health! Actually they could probably use more exercise. They both seem far too relaxed to actually be going on all those missions." I frown at that. More missions yay! Too relaxed though?

"How can we be too relaxed?" I was confused. Wendy just shrugged and skipped away no longer concerned about our health.

Natsu snatched the flier from Master, "A deals a deal!" and handed it to Mira to stamp. Master just shrugged and went back to drinking.