Chapter Eight

Depuis le début

"Natsu, what is the change that Gajeel was talking about?" I asked him both curious and at the same time I felt like it wasn't a big deal. At least not anymore. 

"The change is when a dragon has already picked who they want as a life mate and their body will no longer let them put it off. They can either ask them or bear the pain for a few weeks. At the end of the pain they will no longer be able to ask, ever again." 

"So, when you found out you were going through the change...?" I left my question unasked. I guess I didn't really need to know. "Natsu I love you and I'm glad you asked me." I sigh instead snuggling into him. 

"How long have we been here?" he asked after a while. 

"I don't really know." I think for a moment and summon Succubus and Incubus thankfully Natsu and I are fully dressed this time. 

"Yes, your Highness?" they say together bowing slightly. 

"How long did Natsu and I?" I ask not willing to finish but knowing they knew. 

"Well, it's been three weeks since we made our contract and you two slept for only a day. If you catch my drift?" Succubus winked when she finished talking.

"You used a lot of magic too. You should rest more, thankfully her," Incubus pointed at Succubus before continuing, "'blessing' has finally run its course." he finished. 

"New spirits?" Natsu asked, a little confused but still snuggling into me. I told him about the 'blessing'/test and he laughed a little before trying to stand up. "I should thank you, it's not easy to tame a dragon." He laughed, unable to get up because of my grip. 

This time it was Succubus who laughed, "Little dragon she already had you tamed a long time ago. She just didn't make her claim on you until now." We chatted for a few minutes and then they returned to the celestial realm. 

"We should go to the guild today, maybe pick a job?" I breathe out content with how things are. Then I frowned, "I guess I should really pack up so we can move first." 

"Yeah, we need to get your stuff into the house so your crazy landlady doesn't bother us." Natsu yawned happily. I feel like this should be some huge discussion, to move in together, but honestly no; not really. We cuddle for a few more minutes and I look at the clock. It is still early morning. If we hurry we could do both. 

I summon Loke, Virgo, and Capricorn and they help us pack everything, storing it in the celestial realm until we are ready for it. The room is completely empty and Natsu and I eat what food was left out before taking out the trash one last time. I talk to my landlady and sign off on the fact I am no longer her tenet and we walk to the guild. We can unpack whenever we are ready, there is no rush so we decide to go on a mission first. 

Natsu and I are just talking about random things from the weather and the fishermen nearby to past missions. "I could really use some action." I sigh.

"Then let's pick a good mission! With something we can fight!" Natsu cheered as we went through the doorway. Yelling out our usual greeting. To say the guild hall was silent would have been an understatement but we ignore it and go to the mission board. 

"This one! We can totally beat a group of six bandits!" Natsu cheered. I couldn't help laughing and agreeing to it. 

We were walking towards Mira to get our mission stamped when I got hit around the middle. It felt like all the air was knocked out of me but Natsu caught me keeping me from falling. It turned out to be Wendy and she looked up with tears running down her face and she kept crying saying how sorry she was and that she never meant to hurt us.