Chapter 5

Kayla's P.O.V.

I was so distracted with their smirking faces that it took me a moment to realize that Matt had snaked his arm around my waist.

" Hey babe," he whispered and his breath tickled my neck.

I had had enough of him.

I elbowed him in the chest and as he got over his shock, I put my foot just behind his then pulled back as I gave him a slight push, square in the chest.

He went tumbling to the floor.

I laughed as I stepped over him and back to my friends.

" Whoa, what just happened," he asked as Tyler helped him up.

" You got your ass kicked by a girl," allison said from behind me and I laughed again.

" True dat," I said.

" Wait, I have a question," Tyler said but I ignored him.

" Now if you'll excuse us," I said but as I tried to push past him, he put his arm and grabbed me.

I went to flip him but he moved and grabbed my wrist.

I smiled as I looked up at his face then tore my hand away and turned to Matt.

" Ha, your friend is a better spy than you," I scoffed and he scowled.

" That's no fair, you attacked me when I wasn't paying attention," he complained.

" Exactly, a good spy is always paying attention," I said and he smirked.

" Like that little trick you can do," he said and my friends gasped.

" It's a really bad idea to diss kayla's skills," Rachel said and the others nodded as I turned to Matt.

" You wanna repeat that," I said.

" You are just a big fake," he said slowly and I raised an eyebrow.

" Yeah, I don't think so," I said.

" Oh yeah, prove it," he said.

I looked at him and my eyes zoned in on every detail about him.

He smirked and crossed his arms.

" You are left handed, your a middle child but your younger...sister died over five years ago but less than eight, you've never been close to your parents, you're dad always expected more from you and you could put up with your mom but about six years ago she lost your trust when she backhanded you with her left hand, you played football when you were a freshman,you were wide receiver but you caught the ball and someone tackled you breaking your right leg," I rushed out angrily and everyone stared at me.

Matt was first to recover and he turned to Tyler.

" Why did you tell her all that," he yelled angrily.

" I didn't tell anything, I don't even like her," tyler said and that hurt but I didn't let it show.

" He didn't have to," I said as I pushed past him again.

" That may all be true but at least I'm not the reason one of my best friend's is dead," matt said and my friend gasped," you wanna tell me that story,"

I whirled around and I could feel the fire in my eyes.

His friends looked at him in surprise.

" That's low," Dylan said.

" Hey, I call it how I see it," he said smiling and casually leaning against the wall.

Before he, or anybody else, knew what happened, I closed the distance between us and punched him in the nose with all my might.