Chapter Twentythree

"Did I frighten you? I'm awfully sorry, I didn't mean to."

Ducking behind a table, Y/N panicked. This was the same tone of voice Gluskin had during his touchy-seductive persona. The one that came before he began vocally lashing out at her. Before, if unrestrained, he would have had her pinned to her desk, strangling her. Perhaps bashing her head in with the stapler she had, or even the monitor.

Waylon was slowly remembering the man. Right after emailing that journalist, after being called down to work on something, he had seen the man running straight to him. Begging for help. Now that he's thinking of it, Waylon recalled seeing Y/N near the door the patient came from.

"We've met before, haven't we? I know I've seen your face."

Crouching, Y/N and Waylon were hurrying to find a way out.

This became harder as fear was not only shaking Y/N, but the millions of seemingly organized objects were entirely in the way.

They managed to find a hallway through an open door and pushed past a wired doorway, sure to shut the wired door behind them.

That song playing overhead was beginning to get on Y/N's nerves. Even worse, she found a whiteboard with a dress design on it. A very simple, yet well-drawn??, wedding dress.

"Y/N" Waylon nudged the woman, bringing her attention to an actual dress and the words beside it:

Love makes a house a home

"Great, he's writing some white woman's decor on the walls now. What's next, 'Live Laugh Love'?"

Waylon snickered, shaking his head.

"When I was a boy my mother often said to me, get married son and see how happy you will be."

Alert, the pair was shocked back into their situation. No time to mock the man... Ok, maybe a little time to mock, just not right now.

Moving on, Waylon pushed a cabinet away from the door as Y/N kept watch, jumping at every sound.

They found some room with a bunch of machines in them.

"I want a girl, just like the girl that married dear old dad."

They were quick, silently sprinting past the bloodstains and tall shelves. Once more needing to push a heavy cabinet away from a door.

"Darling!"

Shaking, Y/N watched as Gluskin jumped a table.

"Hurry up, Waylon!"

"I'm trying!"

"You could be so beautiful."

"I got it!"

Y/N shoved against Waylon in an attempt to get away quicker. Gluskin was so close now, she was so scared.

"I want you to have my baby."

What the fuck, both Waylon and Y/N thought.

The space was tight now, so much cluttered the path, but they had no time to complain. That was, until they came to a near dead end.

"Great! A fuckin' broken elevator shaft! Wonderful! Just--" Tears threatened to pour from Y/N's eyes, out of fear or anger, or both, she wasn't sure.

"We don't have much choice! Get to that ladder!"

Mustering her strength, she knew she didn't have the time to hesitate. Y/N ran off of the edge.

Landing on the ladder.