Chapter Six

"Oof," Y/N crawled to the edge of the drop-off, where Waylon was waiting with his arms open.

"I'll catch you," he seemed strong enough, she thinks. Without further prompting, the woman jumped and successfully landed in safe arms. She wouldn't have let go, but Waylon dropped her. "Let's go..."

The two walked side by side, quickened pace. Y/N takes into consideration the shaking sensation of nerves playing games up and down her spine and decides to try and find a way to resolve the gut-wrenching she had been feeling. Ultimately, nothing will really help her. Look at the situation; she's stuck in the building holding the worst experiments ever, and the building is now under said experiments control.

Humming a song to herself as her last resort, she clings closer to the man beside her. The two came upon a room with a stained sink. Y/N was about to walk off into the doorway before them but Wylon grabbed hold of her arm.

"Wha-?" She started to say. Waylon pointed to behind the sheet hanging from rods.

"Check the room, please, I'm running out of batteries."

"Why do I have to check behind the ominous curtains?" Waylon didn't answer her as he himself began checking the side they were currently in. "Great..."

She moved to the frighteningly dark side. Whyyyyyyyyyyyy??? Reverberated within her mind. She shuffled around, trying to see a little better. Her knee rammed into the edge of a bedside table. "Great..." She huffed. The table held a battery and a radio. "Sure wish that thing still worked."

"Oh my apple-taters, Wayloonnnn!" Y/N's voice screeched. When she was turning, she saw a pair of legs raised into the air. It had shocked her because she wasn't expecting a body just laying right there in front of her. Once she rounds the corner and runs into Waylon, she realized how many bodies she has seen in this one night and understood she was overreacting.

"Oh, uh, whoops? Anywho, I got a, uh, battery." She hands him said battery.

"Thanks. I couldn't find anything." He pockets the battery. Y/N just nods, softly. "Let's go, then."

Obviously, things had to get worse, right? The first door they enter through reveals blood-splattered walls, hanging bodies, and slimy people innards. Among Y/N's observations, she can almost hear something move behind the wood and cabinets.

"Y/N, there's someone back there," Waylon whispered. The two look through the rubble and see a man devouring something. Shivers raced the two's spines. Waylon's breathing became heavier, worrying the woman beside him.

"Let's go this way," Y/N whispers, holding onto his arms.

The two carefully stalk through a freezer with bodies hung from the ceiling. Hitting one was inevitable... and traumatizing. Worse than that? The next room held boiling hands within a pot of blood. The kitchen was a complete mess. Y/N was only reminded how much she wanted to leave this place. Unfortunately, the only way to go forward was to go into the room filled with the sound of saws.

More blood was splattered against the glass to their right. Unsettling, but at this point, the two were sort of used to it. Waylon more so than Y/N. They lowered themselves to avoid being spotted and walked around cafeteria tables seating dead patients. The only way away from here was closer to crazy saw dude, Y/n thought. As they got closer, they saw a corpse with its "head" in a microwave. Comforting.

"Don't look at us! I love him." The familiar voice growled. Y/N looked away from the corpse, only to find the patient she had spoken to only a few hours ago. Waylon began scribbling away at the pad of paper again. Not the best time to do that.

"Frank?" This caught the man's attention. "Frank, do you not remember what we spoke about literally only a couple of hours ago? You can't..." She lost her words, tears welling up in her eyes. If looks could kill, she'd be dead. She feels dead. Waylon, done with his writing, grabbed hold of Y/N and dashed out of the room.